chicago consulate juggernaut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chicago consulate juggernaut

I'm trying to help a friend, Vijay, get back to India. He's been here for 10 years. 6 years ago ALL OF HIS BELONGINGS were stolen - all papers, EVERYTHING! He filed a police report and began trying to get his passport replaced. He traveled to Houston several times and went through the process of obtaining a replacement passport. No luck. After calls, faxes, certified letters, etc. he got NO response. So he went to Chicago. The same happened. No help. I've personally witnessed him (and me) be given different stories each time we've gone to Chicago

Basically, he wants to go back to India...except that he's fearful that if he goes back without a passport he'll be jailed for having been gone beyond the time he was supposed to and/or because he doesn't have a passport. If he's jailed he says he'll lose his retirement.

I'm totally confused as to what to do. Chicago requires many things including 3 things he doesn't have:

1. Photocopy of the passport (first three and last three pages
    2. Copy of Pmt Resident Card(both sides) or Employment authorization card or HI/B1 etc visa
    3. Proof of residence

Can someone please help me help him. I've been trying for 2 years. I'm exhausted!

You should have applied for replacement of passport as soon as you lost it. However, if you don't have a copy of the passport and H1B papers, atleast your employer should have a copy. Get the copy from your employer, submit it along with the police report (about the lost/stolen passport) and they will consider it. Without a copy of passport, they cannot help you in anyway.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X