Address Changed after Applying for Passport Renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Address Changed after Applying for Passport Renewal

I have submitted my New Passport Application on 11-Dec-2007. I have provided current US address in application.

But, I will be moving to new address in USA w.e.f. 01-Jan-2008. Indian consulate will mail by passport to old address by FEDEX.

I want my new passport should be mailed to New Address.

Let me know, how can I do it.

Forwarding address..mail box.....?

Comment

Consulate will send Passport by FEDEX and spoke to FEDEX people about this. As per policy, FEDEX will make first attempt to mailing address only. They will not accept Forwarding address.

Comment

FedEx ...

... cannot deliver to a different address on the 1st attempt. They need to make one attempt to deliver.

If you know the person who now lives at your older address, you can ask them to tell the FedEx delivery person to re-direct the package to you.

Else, they can give you the tracking number and you can call their customer service to re-direct the same.

You may contact CGI and see if they can accept a letter with a documentation from you to make the necessary correction.

What about your address mentioned in the passport itself? Indian passports have the owner's address mentioned unlike United States passports.

Take care.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X