Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PIO Card - to be applied from India or from US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIO Card - to be applied from India or from US?

Hi,

Though both I and my wife hold Indian passport, my daughter is a US citizen by virtue of her birth in US. She is 3 years old and we have travelled to India three times by using her tourist visa which is valid till 2009 (it says registration not required for 180 days of continuous stay).

Now, as we are planning to go back to India (to settle there), I am trying to figure out whether I should apply for the PIO card from here. As I don't have much time left in my hand now (around 6 weeks), I would prefer to apply it from Mumbai or Kolkata if that doesn't create an extra burden or doesn't reduce the chances of getting it from there. Any suggestions?

Her US passport is also supposed to expire in 2009, can I get that extended from India too?

Please advise.

Regards.

both can be done in India.

passport at the US consulate.

for PIO card search for website of Ministry of home affairs I India and look there for instructions and forms.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks. Can I use the visa for the first few months in India and get her admitted into a school till I get the PIO card?

Comment

the law does not prohibit it, I guess it would depend on the school whether they take her or not.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X