PIO Card and US Passport Enewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIO Card and US Passport Enewal

My son is on PIO card and it is valid for the next 10 Yrs.His US Passport number's been entered in his current PIO card.Now,his US Passport is getting expired and we are planning to apply for Renewal.After getting his renewed Passport,should we get its number be entered in his PIO card?Is there any specific procedure for that?Please suggest or share anyone's experience with this.

Thanks in advance.

Yes and No

Yes you can transfer the information to the new card. The process is almost the same as applying for a new PIO except that some boxes are checked differently.

The best suggestion would be to not bother with this and just keep both the passports with you when you travel to India.

Take care.

Comment

Renewal of PIO Card due to US Passport expiry

So it's not necessary to apply for PIO Card renewal if we carry both old and new US passports when we travel ?

My son US passport expires on July 1st 2008 but he is leaving to India on May 31st,08.

I am planning to apply for his new passport tomorrow and hopefully get it well in advance of his departure.

If he has to apply for renewal of PIO card, what is the procedure and whether it can be done over the counter at SF consulate within the same day ?

Please help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X