Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help: OCI in lieu of PIO - Return of old PIO card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help: OCI in lieu of PIO - Return of old PIO card?

Dear All,

I applied for OCI (in lieu of PIO) for my son. I received the OCI card last week, but never received the original PIO card. as per my understanding, since i have already paid the fees for PIO earlier, that PIO belongs to my son. How can CKGS or consulate decide on their own that PIO will not returned back?

Communication from CKGS during the start of the OCI application:

"We would like to inform you that the original PIO card will be requested
    > at the start with all the documents, however the old PIO card will be
    > returned within a few days of application receipt at the Consulate.
    >
    > Hence, you have been charged 30 USD for return shipment i.e. 15 USD for
    > returning your original PIO card during the mid-way process and then 15 USD
    > will be utilized for returning your application package on your application
    > is processed fully.
    >
    > You need to submit your original PIO card and self attested copy of the
    > PIO card along with other documents as mentioned in the checklist during
    > the initial application submission."

But after a month, when I just got back the OCI, I received the following message upon asking the original PIO of my son:

"We have received a response from our San Francisco Support Team stating that the old PIO card is collected by the Consulate. If applicant wishes to retrieve their PIO card back, they must contact the Consulate directly."

Please help me with the following queries:
    1. Am i supposed to get the original PIO back or not? Have anyone faced such issues? I have been charged 30$ for 2 shipping envelopes back to me from CKGS, then why am i not getting the original PIO back?
    2. How should i get in touch with the consulate in order to get the PIO back now?
    thanks,
    Akhil

Maybe this is new - PIO is not sent back after converting to OCI. Anybody else had this. Please share. I don't see any use of PIO after getting the OCI.

akhilmangal, why don't you ask CKGS why they charged you for the shipping back the PIO if they don't return it. I may be wrong, but my guess is the $30 is for you to send the application ($15) and getting the OCI back from CKGS ($15). Did you send the application on your own and not use CKGS pre-paid option?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X