Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indian visa application for US Citizen - Parents do not have valid visa on Passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberty48
    replied
    Just my opinion........

Can you travel out of US with I797? If yes, would say you can submit it with the expired visa stamp. I am not familiar with the current green card process. Maybe you will need advance parole.

Even if your visa expired, Indian embassy/consulate should give visa for your child to go to India with you. With that logic, you can apply with the expired visa. If they query you, you can explain to them your status and provide more documents. I can understand people not trying this because it could end up wasting money with the application and not getting the visa. There are others who would have had this situation. I hope someone replies.

Leave a comment:

• ShaneP
    replied
    Originally posted by prad86 View Post
    Hi,
    We are applying for an India Visa for our child who gimp freejobalert is a US Citizen. Both parents are Indian passport holders. The application requires us to submit a copy of our valid US Visa. However the visa stamp on our passport has expired and we only have our approved I797 notices.

The guidance is as follows:[LIST][*]Copy of the parent
    I also need help with this. Help is appreciated.

Regards,
    Shane
    Last edited by ShaneP; 04-22-2019, 03:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Indian visa application for US Citizen - Parents do not have valid visa on Passport

Hi,
    We are applying for an India Visa for our child who is a US Citizen. Both parents are Indian passport holders. The application requires us to submit a copy of our valid US Visa. However the visa stamp on our passport has expired and we only have our approved I797 notices.

The guidance is as follows:[LIST][*]Copy of the parent

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X