OCI card in old passport for minors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI card in old passport for minors

Planning to travel to India with 11 and 16 yr old kids. They have OCI card and OCI stamp in their old passports. I have heard that they have gotten away with the 'U visa stamp'.

Any new experiences with recent travel to India with OCI stamped in old passport and old OCI booklet.

Is this airline specific.

My kids hold British passports and we are settled in India. Planned to travel to Australia and came to know that we have to renew the OCI for kids. Didn’t have time and proceeded ahead with our travel plans hoping that the guy at the immigration counter at Hyderabad would understand and had an explanation ready. But it was not needed at least for ya luckily. The guy at the counter said that we have to renew and please do it as soon as you return but then saw the expiry date on the passport which mentioned 2020/12 so recommended that we renew their OCI along with their passport renewal. When coming back the people at Hyderabad airport couldn’t care less. The guy didn’t even ask anything. This was on 2nd June 2019. The Malaysian airlines people checked the Ocis here and also in Australia while returning but I guess they don’t have a clue about how the process works. Overall was worried but glad that I went and came back. By the way I hold an Indian passport if that sort of helped I have no idea. Hope you travel without any problem regarding this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X