Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Card with H1B extension receipt

Hi,

Needed information about applying OCI card when h1b is under extension.
    My i797 and i94 has expired and have applied for my first h1b extension. (Have the h1b extension receipt).
    Daughter was born last week and will be traveling to India in 2 months, needed to initiate OCI card process here in Washington DC.
    Is it possible to initiate the OCI card process with just my h1b extension receipt?
    Any help/answer would be appreciated!

Thanks.

You're confusing me. OCI card for whom? If you are in the US under H-1B, you are NOT eligible for a US passport and hence are not eligible for an OCI. You continue under your indian passport and your H1B visa while in the US.

Your daughter is another story. I'm presuming she was born in the US? The first step again is to get her a US passport. Then you can go to the Indian consulate or embassy here and apply or the OCI for her.

Comment

Originally posted by manishki View Post
      Hi,

Needed information about applying OCI card when h1b is under extension.
      My i797 and i94 has expired and have applied for my first h1b extension. (Have the h1b extension receipt).
      Daughter was born last week and will be traveling to India in 2 months, needed to initiate OCI card process here in Washington DC.
      Is it possible to initiate the OCI card process with just my h1b extension receipt?
      Any help/answer would be appreciated!

Thanks.
      Your daughter's OCI is predicated on the fact that you are an Indian citizen and she isn't. It has got nothing to do with your current status. So, the answer is Yes you can (and you should) initiate the OCI process.
      Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X