Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Application frustration

Hello,

I have started the application for my OCI card online at the CKGS website.
    First of all, let me tell you that the website is not the most user friendly. On top of that the application process is confusing.
    Anyways, I come to the section where you have to 'PAY', I believe that is step #6. So I don't have money order/cashier's check in hand but want to proceed and try to finish my application. On that page, there is a section which says that I can come back and enter the information pertaining to the check but when I try to proceed, it throws an error and says that I need to enter the information.
    This is very frustrating. I cannot proceed without entering the payment information. How do you guys do it?

Thank you for all your help.

It's strange and frustrating for me too. I had filled my application just a month ago and it had the credit card option (with about $8 fee for using it). But now when I'm trying to do it for my father, it doesn't show CC option -- just money order/cashiers check. Not sure what transcribed and how they go back a decade ago.

I wen't all the way and my amount for renunciation is 225$. So I will just go to CVS and create a money order. Official guide says:
    • Payments must be made by Money order/Pay order /Cashiers/ Bankers check favoring “Cox and Kings Global Services USA LLC at the CKGS Application Center.

Comment

Thanks pappu123

I will be going to my bank, get cashiers check, come home, fill out the rest of the application,go to fedex to mail it.
      Really frustrating, I might have to take some time off from work also for that.

Anyways, hope the rest of the process is smooth.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X