Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any member of your family applied for Overseas Citizen of India registration earlier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any member of your family applied for Overseas Citizen of India registration earlier?

I am applying for OCI card for my mother and part B it asks "Have you/any member of your family applied for Overseas Citizen of India registration earlier? " Yes I have applied for OCI and received one but it also asks application date and reference no. ....I have OCI card but dont remember the application date and ref. no.
    Please advise...thanks.

Its simple to get your OCI reference number. Just go to status inquiry in the OCI portal and key in your details. The system will generate a status report with your file reference no and date of acknowledgement. Use that in your family member's application

Comment

FYI: *****ally it started working today.

Comment

I had the same question, i called the help desk and they answered my question. Both the reference number and date when applied is in the OCI booklet. The last page will have file no starting with USA that is your reference number and date is the date of issue on the 1st page of the OCI booklet and that page also has the place of issue.

Hope this information helps others with the same question

Comment

Hi,
          does anyone know what the checklist of documents is for Minor applicants in the new VFS website? Also where can we find the parental authorization form? Does everything have to be notarized?
          please please help. Need to apply fir my baby’s OCI to travel in December.
          thanks a bunch

Comment

Originally posted by Katyayini View Post
            Hi,
            does anyone know what the checklist of documents is for Minor applicants in the new VFS website? Also where can we find the parental authorization form? Does everything have to be notarized?
            please please help. Need to apply fir my baby’s OCI to travel in December.
            thanks a bunch
            Minor checklist can be found in this link: https://www.immihelp.com/oci-card-ap...uments-in-usa/

parental authorization form is also on the above website.
            Only notarize 3rd page of Governemnt created form and notarize parents authorization form

Comment

I just applied for OCI update for my entire family. This is to update new passport and address.
              1. GOI has really made the process simple by requiring only soft copies to be uploaded.
              2. The VFS site, while it is states in Step 2 that this is gratis, refers to physical copy to be sent and calls it Mandatory. This creates unnecessary confusion.
              3. I went ahead with the uploads and later called VFS (note its paid if you take more than 5 minutes of their time) and got confirmation that upload is all that is needed.
              4. Now with respect to the questionnaire, it would be nice if the website can use the same terminology as we expect to see in the documents. Also it would be nice if there is a sample page from OCI booklet to demonstrate where to get the relevant information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X