Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusion over courier service instructions for passport renewal

Hey guys,

I am in the process of applying for my passport renewal. I am not able to select CKGS's courier service. Fedex does not recognize my zip code for some reason even though my address is within Philadelphia city limit and Fedex deliver packages in my neighborhood.

So as an alternative I am trying to select my own courier, which will be UPS. But I am unclear about how this process exactly works.

- Do I still need to print the shipping label from CKGS account page even if I'm using my own courier service? I believe there's an instruction for printing the barcode. How to obtain it?

- When shipping the application, do I need to include BOTH prepaid envelope and an self-addressed label within the original package?

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

I had the same problem. I had to call them to figure out what to do because it is so unclear!
    You can basically use any courier to send the package. If you selected your own shipping label service, you don't need to print anything (regarding the shipping) other than the barcode that you need to put on the cover of the application. This barcode is on the accounts page on the CKGS website.
    On the way back, it has to be a UPS return shipping label that you can make online (you don't need the envelope).

Hope that helps!

Comment

Hi Sumedha
      Thanks for your answer above.
      I am struggling with the same problem.
      How did you generate the UPS label online? Can you please explain a bit more
      ALSO
      CKGS mentioned on their site that they will not drop off the package to the shipping service provider in case we use our own service. How will the package reach UPS if that is the case?
      As you can see, I am super confused.To make matters worse, CKGS has gone incognito and the accounts page has stopped working so I am not sure where to get the barcode from.

Any help from your side would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by GeetKalra View Post
        Hi Sumedha
        Thanks for your answer above.
        I am struggling with the same problem.
        How did you generate the UPS label online? Can you please explain a bit more
        ALSO
        CKGS mentioned on their site that they will not drop off the package to the shipping service provider in case we use our own service. How will the package reach UPS if that is the case?
        As you can see, I am super confused.To make matters worse, CKGS has gone incognito and the accounts page has stopped working so I am not sure where to get the barcode from.

Any help from your side would be greatly appreciated.
        Thanks!
        I just did my friends passport last week and my renunciation this last week. I would recommend that you just pay $30 to CKGS for to CKGS and return shipping. I know it's a bit too much but I didn't want to deal with their weird shipping instructions. Did you ever get to final page where it lists all the forms? I think my account only works if you completely filled everything. If you haven't finished type it at the bottom of the page where it says to type temporary Id.

Comment

Hi
          Thanks for replying.
          I wanted to use CKGS services myself. However there is a bug in their website (since 2016!) which does not let me select that option. I have multiple FedEx offices with 1 mile of my house, but it still is not able to detect any of those.
          I am basically being forced to use my own shipping label ( which is too much of a headache!)

Comment

Originally posted by GeetKalra View Post
            Hi
            Thanks for replying.
            I wanted to use CKGS services myself. However there is a bug in their website (since 2016!) which does not let me select that option. I have multiple FedEx offices with 1 mile of my house, but it still is not able to detect any of those.
            I am basically being forced to use my own shipping label ( which is too much of a headache!)
            Good!! I love both USPS and FedEx as they have comparable administrations for their clients. FedEx gets and moves your bundle until the last conveyance where it is given to the United States Postal Service(USPS). The administration offers cost investment funds, dependability, and maybe, in particular, conveyance to 100% of U.S. addresses, including P.O. Boxes.
            Last edited by kmiller; 01-11-2021, 06:28 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X