Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Renew Misc service for new passport

I need to renew OCI due to new passport and over 50
    My local consulate is San Francisco SFO . Processing time for SFO time is 60 days while NYC center is 4 to 5 days so my question

I have sent

1. can I renew and send application at NYC center ? Will it save time for OCI renew due to new passport ? I am still not sure why so much less time for NYC center vs other center ?
    2. There is no option for shipping to NYC center ( I have selected my own AWB but how do I pay to return shipping)

Thanks
    Sanjay

Hey Sanjay,

If you send it to the NYC consulate by choosing your own return shipping, make sure to also send a UPS return label (created online through the UPS website). Otherwise your application will be marked as incomplete and the process takes so much longer (happened to me, and it was a horrible and stressful experience). If you already sent the application without the return label, you'll have to separately mail them the label.

Comment

sanjay92, just a warning (I wish I am wrong), NYC consulate may return your application unless you have an NYC consulate jurisdiction address. Each consulate serves a specific area/region. I was at Chicago consulate and someone from Ohio came in person to the Chicago consulate for a miscellaneous service and was told to visit NYC consulate.

Given the chance of 5 days or 60 days, wouldn't you think why anyone else would choose a consulate with 60 days processing?

Comment

Thanks, I have decided to use SFO instead of hassle.

I will be receiving my renewed OCI card tomorrow so total timeline was less than 4 weeks. I will send to SFO for my family members too

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X