No announcement yet.

Questions reg docs to be uploaded on ociservices.gov.in after completing part B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions reg docs to be uploaded on ociservices.gov.in after completing part B

I am in the process of applying OCI for my minor daughter, where both her parents are Indian citizens in USA on h1B and H4. I am currently at the document upload page after completing part B of the application and had some question about which documents to upload

1. Address proof: For a minor, is it sufficient to upload utility bill in the name and address of one of the parent?
    2. For proof of legal residence of parents in USA, is it sufficient to upload I797 of H1B renewal. The upload section doesn't allow more than 1 PDF to be uploaded, so am wondering if I need to create a single PDF with I797s of H1B and H4
    3. Do I need to get the minor' birth certificate apostilled? Planning to call CKGS and and about this, but there's no clear answer after a google search for this.

Thanks

Hi ssjgoku ,

Here is my recent successful experience... Hope this helps and saves your time...

1. Address proof: For a minor, is it sufficient to upload utility bill in the name and address of one of the parent?
    - I have given the apartment lease document in which i had my name and my wife name signed in it.

2. For proof of legal residence of parents in USA, is it sufficient to upload I797 of H1B renewal. The upload section doesn't allow more than 1 PDF to be uploaded, so am wondering if I need to create a single PDF with I797s of H1B and H4
    - Yes, you are right. you have to scan both H1B i797 copy and your wife's H4 - i797 and merge into a single pdf and upload the same as 1 document...

3. Do I need to get the minor' birth certificate apostilled? Planning to call CKGS and and about this, but there's no clear answer after a google search for this.
    - In which state you are going to submit for OCI? I recently got Apostille in Illinois and it was successful.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I'm based in Colorado and the CKGS center for me is Houston.

One more question, when you uploaded the documents on government of India website, did you have to upload notarized copies? For now, I've just uploaded scanned copies of passport, I797 etc.

​​​
      ​​

Comment

Hi!

I think all of the documents that you upload can be regular copies, the only notarized pages that you need to submit should be in the envelope that you send to the CKGS. I'm not entirely sure because this is so specific. I googled simplify oci, they can call the CKGS/give you a specific answer as they did for me.

Hope that helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X