Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI for minor - Birth certificate, sign and Old OCI

Hello,
    I have two applications of OCI for minors. They will be processed at NewYork CGI.
    One application is Fresh/New for my daughter and one application is for OCI renewal for my son as his passport got renewed
    I have been through forum but still have some doubt. I have tried calling CKGS, but after waiting several minutes the call gets disconnected. If possible please help me...

My questions are

1. For both case do we send Original Birth Certificate?
    Kids are US born. The checklist mentions to send copy of birth certificate if born in India but nothing about others.
    2. Parents are to sign in Part B application but where?
    There are two parts Declaration and Application for minor child. Do we sign both sections ? and where do we sign? In the "Signature of applicant"?
    3. For OCI renewal
    do we have to send currently held Original OCI too? Again The checklist is unclear about this.

Thank you

1. Send the original birth certificate. You will get it back.
    2. In the place where the child is supposed to sign, ask the child to write his/her name if he/she can. Otherwise, the thumbprint is ok. There should be a place for the parent signature below the child signature. I didn't do it recently, so check the form.
    3. Yes, send original OCI too. You will get back the canceled OCI. It may be a 2 step mailing depending on the region. You may have to send the old OCI when they ask you to. Send only those that are listed in the checklist first. Just follow the checklist.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X