Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Application for Minor - 2020

Hello everyone

I am trying to apply for a fresh OCI Application for minor,1 year old born in US.
    What has been done so far
    1 - Registered on Govt site [ociservices.gov.in] and completed PartA and PartB. Uploaded photo, signature and some scanned documents, few are pending and i will complete them as well.
    2 - Used the reference number and created a application on CKGS for fresh oci.
    3 - Next steps are for me to send physical documents to CKGS [i will complete uploading all req documents on Govt site before i do this]

Things to be notarized
    1 - OCI Application Form with minor parents signatures
    2 - Parental Authorization Form

Things that are unclear to me and need help on
    1 - Affidavit in Lieu of Originals
    >> This pdf is nowhere to be found on CKGS or Indian Embassy website. CKGS says if this is applicable then download and hand fill from indian embassy website.

2 - Additional Particulars Form
    >> This pdf is also not available on CKGS although i managed to get this from this website for SF using this link
    https://www.immihelp.com/nri/oversea...documents.html

3 - Do we need to send Original US Passport of the minor to CKGS
    >> CKGS checklist says "DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL PASSPORT IF APPLYING FOR OCI MISC. AND OCI IN LIEU OF PIO CARD"
    >> Mine is a fresh application so i should send ?
    >> And then there is this below link which says we should not send original Passport initially which has confused me further
    https://www.immihelp.com/nri/oversea...documents.html

Here is a screenshot from CKGS > My Account final page has this text
    • Due to changes in the OCI application process, prepopulated forms will no longer be available on the CKGS website. If any of the below forms are applicable to you (check your Document Checklist), download the forms from https://www.indianembassyusa.gov.in/pages?id=3&subid=14, hand fill and submit along them with your application.
      1. Parental Authorization Form
      2. Additional Particulars Form
      3. Affidavit in Lieu of Originals

4. Sworn Affidavit (Applying on basis of Spouse)
    https://www.indianembassyusa.gov.in/pages?id=3&subid=14
    Above Indian Embassy link gets me a blank empty white page without any documents to download...

Click image for larger version

Name:	CKGS_Print.PNG
Views:	5653
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	734652

Hoping someone can help me on this.

Thanks in advance
    Arthur
    Attached Files

Just my opinion: The consulate website was updated for Covid-19 and somehow the web pages and forms got moved. Since you have paid for the CKGS services, submit an inquiry and wait. I hope the consulate fixes the website soon.

If the application process says you have to send the original passport, follow the instructions on that. You will get it back in 10 days or so. Sometimes you have to send it with the application, and sometimes you have to send it when your OCI is ready and they will verify the original passport at that time. If you walk-in, they will verify it immediately and return it.

Comment

Thanks for responding Liberty48 .
      I had submitted an inquiry to CKGS [ [email protected] ] on 6/8 and haven't back yet.
      Walk-ins are also not allowed until further notice as well.

I will wait to hear back from them on both documents [Additional Particulars Form, Affidavit in Lieu of Originals] and i will probably send the original passport along with the application via shipping option since that's the only option as of now.

I will update this thread once i hear more

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurD View Post
        Thanks for responding Liberty48 .
        I had submitted an inquiry to CKGS [ [email protected] ] on 6/8 and haven't back yet.
        Walk-ins are also not allowed until further notice as well.

I will wait to hear back from them on both documents [Additional Particulars Form, Affidavit in Lieu of Originals] and i will probably send the original passport along with the application via shipping option since that's the only option as of now.

I will update this thread once i hear more
        Hey there - I am in the process of putting together the application for my minor son as well. I am pretty sure you'll need to send in the original passport for verification and that gets returned back pretty quickly once the embassy verifies it. This is based on recent OCI applications for both my wife and I. Your application only goes to the embassy once CKGS verifies/processes your application though - so if they put your application on hold to request additional documents etc that'll delay the return of the original passport.

Now, with regards to the documents I think you only need the parental authorization form and the other two you mentioned are not really applicable in this case - please let me know if you hear otherwise from CKGS. What I am currently trying to see if I can just make one trip to the notary rather than two (one for the parental authorization and the other for the application itself). I.e upload the non-notarized parental authorization first, finalize the application, print it - get both documents notarized and then re-upload the notarized parental authorization document before sending the application in to CKGS? Anyone tried it before? As far as I know the application just lists the names of the documents uploaded so as long as we are allowed to re-upload documents after final submit, it should work. (I know for a fact that you can re-upload photo after final submit because we needed to do that but not sure if it is the same with the documents....)

Comment

Got a response from CKGS

" The applicants apply for the OCI card under the 'New OCI' category does not have to submit the 'Affidavit in lieu of original & the Additional Particulars form'.
          Also, we request you to follow the document checklist."

That takes care of my 2 questions, i dint hear back if original passports need to be also sent - but since the checklist did say Original and Copy i will be inclined towards sending original as well.

Comment

Originally posted by neo_ny View Post

Hey there - I am in the process of putting together the application for my minor son as well. I am pretty sure you'll need to send in the original passport for verification and that gets returned back pretty quickly once the embassy verifies it. This is based on recent OCI applications for both my wife and I. Your application only goes to the embassy once CKGS verifies/processes your application though - so if they put your application on hold to request additional documents etc that'll delay the return of the original passport.

Now, with regards to the documents I think you only need the parental authorization form and the other two you mentioned are not really applicable in this case - please let me know if you hear otherwise from CKGS. What I am currently trying to see if I can just make one trip to the notary rather than two (one for the parental authorization and the other for the application itself). I.e upload the non-notarized parental authorization first, finalize the application, print it - get both documents notarized and then re-upload the notarized parental authorization document before sending the application in to CKGS? Anyone tried it before? As far as I know the application just lists the names of the documents uploaded so as long as we are allowed to re-upload documents after final submit, it should work. (I know for a fact that you can re-upload photo after final submit because we needed to do that but not sure if it is the same with the documents....)
            Hi,
            Can you please give your experience here. I am in the same situation. Did you upload notarized parent authorization form and made another visit to get notary sign on the application? Also, did you upload all documents with self attestation or just scan copy?

Comment

Originally posted by ramamoorthi View Post

Hi,
              Can you please give your experience here. I am in the same situation. Did you upload notarized parent authorization form and made another visit to get notary sign on the application? Also, did you upload all documents with self attestation or just scan copy?

This is what I did. No self attestation is required from what I read so I didn't do it. Downloaded the application form from gov website (page 3) will be the same. Both parents signed and notarized. Also notarized parental authorization form at the same time.

Then uploaded parental authorization form and reprinted gov form again and replaced just page 1 which has uploaded doc details.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X