New OCI application - San Francisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New OCI application - San Francisco

I have applied for new OCI card since India has suspended all entry visas. But after sending my US passport more than a week ago, there has not been any update when I login to ckgs website. Fedex says they have delivered it but the status does not even show "Received" - which is the first step.

Do they update the status or is that also not working considering they have closed the call center and not responding to any emails.

Any suggestions ? Are they processing OCI applications now ? Does anyone else see updates in the ckgs website. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

CKGS are really slow with the update status. I didn't hear anything for 2 days after delivery.

Comment

In general, i am assuming processing is slow due to reduced staff at CKGS and the consulate.
      Under normal circumstances, you would have received your passport back within 2 weeks after verification. Now it could take upto 4 weeks.
      Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the responses! I am glad to hear they are still processing applications. It's been more than 2 days but it still does not even say "received". I will hope for the best and wait for one more week. I will keep this thread updated.

Thank you!

Comment

Did you see an update?

I am about to send my documents for a new OCI application as well. A few questions -

1/ Did you send the original passport?
          2/ Did you fill out "Affidavit in Lieu of Originals" form. I cannot find that anywhere.

Comment

I finally saw an update today after 5 working days that they have "received" the documents.

I did send my original passport.

I did not send "Affidavit in Lieu of Originals" form. There are bunch of required document lists but I believe the most recent one is this:

Here it is mentioned:
            Duly Notarized Affidavit in Lieu of Originals. (OCI Misc. and OCI in Lieu of PIO Only)

I will keep this thread updated if they ask for this document. I did not notarize anything as well. Not sure if it is correct, but that is my interpretation of the above checklist.
            Last edited by ceci1073; 07-29-2020, 09:18 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

My docs were sent on 7/21. Today (7/23) status changed to 'Received'. I received a text and email.

Comment

I am going to apply, i have one doubt - For OCI application form: in the checklist they have mentioned: "
                . In case of Minor both parent’s signatures and notary is required on the last page of the OCI form. Also minors below 5 year a thumb impression is required. Minors above the age of 5 year the applicant has to sign the form."

But when i took the print out, there is no place for parents signature and only Applicant in case of minor also for which i need to take thumb impression. Also, where to notarize - there is no place in this document. I did notarize only Parental Authorization.

They have changed the process but documents doesnt get updated. Also, i think Affidavit is no longer required. BUt there is one more document - "Additional Particular form" , not sure is that is required - which is not in checklist.

Comment

I am going to apply, i have one doubt - For OCI application form: in the checklist they have mentioned: "
                  . In case of Minor both parent’s signatures and notary is required on the last page of the OCI form. Also minors below 5 year a thumb impression is required. Minors above the age of 5 year the applicant has to sign the form."

But when i took the print out, there is no place for parents signature and only Applicant in case of minor also for which i need to take thumb impression. Also, where to notarize - there is no place in this document. I did notarize only Parental Authorization.

They have changed the process but documents doesn't get updated. Also, i think Affidavit is no longer required. But there is one more document - "Additional Particular form" , not sure is that is required - which is not in checklist.

Comment

Update:
                    I got back the passport today.
                    The documents I sent seems to be sufficient as they were accepted. This means notarization + self attestation is no longer required for adult applications..

Hi Rocket_US, Sorry, I am not sure.
                    Reading the OCI checklist, it say both parents have to sign on the last page + notarize it.
                    There is a separate parental authorization which is mentioned and I believe it is still required.

Comment

Rocket_US Did you get answer for the declaration page about parents signature and child thumb impression?
                      I am also in same stage where it says in page 3 parents have to sign for minor but there are no label indicating where parents need to sign

When i approached CKGS i have received two different answer

1st reply: No need to sign in declaration page. Just do parents signature only on "application for minor section"
                      2nd reply: They have requested child thumb impression on both the places. Below the "Application for minor section" there are empty space and they requested to sign parents signature and should be notarized

totally confused what to do. let me know if you have got good feedback

Comment

Update -

Date of acknowledgement - 08-03-2020
                        Documents Printing Status - 08-27-2020

Comment

Update -

Date of acknowledgement - 08-03-2020
                          Documents Printing Status - 08-27-2020
                          OCI Card received at home - 09-10-2010

Comment

Hello,
                            Did anyone send a copy of naturalization certificate? I got an email saying the naturalization certificate is missing from my application. I have no idea why and I am 100% sure I have put it in the application. To be safe, I even notarized the copy.
                            Any tips?
                            Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X