New OCI application on hold at CKGS SFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New OCI application on hold at CKGS SFO

I submitted a new OCI application for myself on 9/28/20. I got a notification from CKGS that my application is on hold due to incomplete documents. They said my Mothers name in the OCI Government Form does not match the name in the Indian passport. Please provide one of the following documents for your application to be processed further:1. Official Court Order for the name changeOR2. Notarized Affidavit saying that the Name of the person in the OCI Government Form and the Indian passport belong to the same person.

I realized that I made a mistake in filling my mom’s name on the govt OCI form. I tried calling and emailing CKGS but no response yet. I have filled out a new Govt form with the corrected information and emailed CKGS the new reference number. Will CKGS link this new form with existing application? Is there any other way to resolve this?

I have exact same issue, sent a new application reference number to link to my ckgs application at SFO. Sent 2 emails and they still not responded. I sent one more email today.

Comment

It has been 1 week and I have sent multiple emails, tried calling multiple times but still no response. Has anyone had any luck getting any response from CKGS SFO?

Comment

What I did was, I sent following documents to CKGS, SFO 2 days back using FEDEX -
        -- Copy of the incomplete documents email that I received
        -- Copy of email that I sent to CKGS (enquiriesusa at ckgs.com) asking them to use new GOI OCI application reference # and highlighted the new OCI reference # and CKGS Web Reference #. On a safer side, I hand written the request one more time on the same page and signed
        -- Printed and signed NEW GOI OCI application (4 pages and last page signed)

Today I got notification they updated my incomplete application (there is no word on linking), but they now linked new GOI OCI reference to CKGS web reference # and status shows 'Matchup' and 'We have 'Received' the 'Incomplete Documents' mentioned below but the contents have 'Not Been Verified'. An update on the progress of your application will be sent to you post verification.'

The good thing is that they are now using my new GOI OCI reference # and linked it properly as I was able login to CKGS portal using new OCI reference #.
        Last edited by gcperm1; 10-10-2020, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Today the status of the application was updated that application is forwarded to Consulate for processing. Only way to communicate to CKGS was over fedex/ups as they are not responding to mails or phone.

Comment

Gcperm1...thanks for letting me know. They responded to my email finally and asked me to withdraw application and send a fresh oci application. So I will be sending in a new application now :-(

Comment

Oh. You may try sending the signed application the way I did anyway and see if they link the new application. You won’t be sending any important documents anyway and even if they don’t link, you are not risking anything.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X