Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Own airway bill option for New OCI

Hello,
    As CKGS is not showing their shipping options, I was wondering if anyone used their own pre-paid labels/envelopes for new OCI application. If so, anyone care to explain the process as CKGS instructions are not clear as which carrier to use and whether they will be dropping off the package at the carrier.

​​​​​​Carrier to use, number of prepaid envelopes to send as passport will be returned first and then OCI card?

Thanks

I am also in the same boat. They are not showing their shipping options and the own shipping verbiage makes it sound as if you are committing a crime. I am concerned how the package will be picked up and which carrier to use.
    Last edited by praveen007; 10-06-2020, 10:44 AM.

Comment

I am also facing the same issue. I have seen the UPS Next day air saver option in the drop down couple of days back. I have sent a query to CKGS. I will update if i hear something. Let me know if you find the procedure.

Comment

I even sent out an email to consulate as well. I suggest everyone do this as well so they are aware of this issue and get ckgs to fix the issue.

Comment

Same issue here. I wonder if this is because GOI and CKGS contract seems to be expiring on Oct 31, 2020, and the last date that they are accepting any new applications is Oct 16, 2020.
          In any case, I believe we can send the documents using UPS Express envelope (or Express Pad pack). However, I am also not sure how to generate the AWB number that they request. AWB seems to be Fedex naming for shipping/tracking id. But, CKGS does not give an option to pick FEDEX as the provider when i try to enter return package details. It only has options for DHL USA, UPS, YRC Worldwide, USA Couriers, and Purolator. I have never heard of any other than the first two. Now, as the other folks have said, I am thinking if I should simply create a pre-paid label from ups.com and send it along with other docs. The instructions only mention that UPS prepaid labels with 'UPS store address as destination' are not accepted. I am extrapolating that to mean that UPS prepaid labels with my home address are acceptable. What do others think about this?

Also, if you have been able to solve this issue, PLEASE post what you did.

Thanks!

Comment

Do you know if the contract is expiring are they switching to another vendor ?

Comment

I'm in the same boat as everyone else here. Tried emailing, calling, sending a request from the help page, no luck. If anyone finds any other option. Please let us know.

TIA!

Comment

I am also in the same boat guyz. When I was filling up the CKGS information it did not even give me the option of selecting anything other than "I will use my own airway bill number" from the shipping option drop down.

My question is if I get the return shipping labels from UPS, I need to include 2 more "UPS Express Enevelop" or "UPS Pad Pak" in the original envelop which I am sending to CKGS? Or I just need to add the printed copied of the return label itself and do not need to include additional envelops ?

Also the "My Account" page when I pull up my application, I can not update both the shipping labels, it only allows me to enter the shipping label for the first one, but for the next one the Edit button does not work

Attached Files

Comment

The new provider VFS is supposed to start operations from Nov 1st. Unless you have an emergency - it may be better to wait?

https://www.indianembassyusa.gov.in/...tails?id=25045

Last edited by iuddd; 10-12-2020, 05:19 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X