Renunciation Procedure using VFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiranboda View Post
    Been 3 days since my application was noted as delivered by FedEX, but no status update what-so-ever. On top of that, I see this on VFS website. Who the hell pays to call a customer-service-agent? Is this like dial-a-**** or something....ridiculous!!

Please note that you will not be charged for the initial 5 minutes after you get connected with the contact center’s agent. Post that calls will be charged for every additional minute @ USD 2.48. Please follow the instructions on the IVR system for details.
    Hi kiranboda I can't get past the address-verification step for the courier. It errors out saying "An error occurred while processing your request". Can you share how you managed to get past these things? Or did you make a paper-based submission?

Comment

For Renunciation, is anyone seeing this error message after the address verification for the courier: "An error occurred while processing your request" ? VFS is ofcourse not responding.

As an aside, if you are stuck with the "passport expiry date cannot be in the future error", VFS customer service told me to put in the "current date". Current date throws the same error. Others have told me that VFS advised them to put in [current date -1] or [current date -2]. That gets accepted.

Comment

This is ridiculous. If they are charging fees for processing, why do they need to charge additional for support. I have not known any business in US doing that!

Been 3 days since my application was noted as delivered by FedEX, but no status update what-so-ever. On top of that, I see this on VFS website. Who the hell pays to call a customer-service-agent? Is this like dial-a-**** or something....ridiculous!!

Please note that you will not be charged for the initial 5 minutes after you get connected with the contact center’s agent. Post that calls will be charged for every additional minute @ USD 2.48. Please follow the instructions on the IVR system for details.

Comment

jollyrancher - Can you please share the VFS Global address where you sent the renunciation application to? How long did it take for them to acknowledge it?

The reason I am asking is because VFS Global address seems to be same as old CKGS address.

I know they are in the process of transitioning from CKGS and just want to make sure they have updated the address correctly.

The VFS Address I got on FedEx Label from VFS is

Indian Consular Application Center
          1001 Texas Ave,
          Suite 550,
          Houston, TX 77002.

This is same address for VFS as on CGI-Houston

But this same address was used by CKGS - Houston also! ????

Comment

Anyone having problems finding out the status of submitted applications to VFS? My status for tracking says it is on hold, but I haven't received any email on why or what the reason is.

Tried reaching VFS customer service and u have to pay $2.48/min to talk to them for utter BS.

Comment

same here - sent on via vfs purchased fedex shipping on 23-nov. rcvd as per fedex on 24-nov. no status update from vfs. emailed them a few times.........

when did you send in your app and when did it say rcvd as per fedex?

Anyone having problems finding out the status of submitted applications to VFS? My status for tracking says it is on hold, but I haven't received any email on why or what the reason is.

Tried reaching VFS customer service and u have to pay $2.48/min to talk to them for utter BS.

Comment

kiranboda - Where on VFS site do you see tracking status "Hold"?

My status for tracking says it is on hold, but I haven't received any email on why or what the reason is.

Comment

Tracking is available at: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/in...r-renunciation
                  Go to the bottom of the page - there is a track now option there.

kiranboda - What reference number do you put in there? GOI Reference# or VFS Number. Also, if it is VFS number do you put /1 at the end also?

Comment

I use this link for tracking: https://www.vfsvisaonline.com/Global-PassportTracking/

Use the government reference number and DOB. This is where I see that my application is on hold. Mine was sent on 22nd, received by VFS on 23rd and saw the status updated on 30th.

Comment

Hi,

I have sent my OCI application on Nov 30 and Fedex delivered on Dec1.. I have not received any acknowledgement mail from them yet..

I tried to track the application by providing both GOVT reference and VFS Reference but both did not accept. It says invalid input..

Does it take a week to receive the acknowledgement mail and get it updated in the system ?

Thanks,

Comment

vivekgovind if u are luck enough, u can track it after 2 weeks.

Comment

vivekgovind My application reached them 1 day before you (on 11/30) and still no notification. Did you check if your money order was cashed? That would give you indication if your packet was even touched.

Originally posted by vivekgovind View Post
                          Hi,

I have sent my OCI application on Nov 30 and Fedex delivered on Dec1.. I have not received any acknowledgement mail from them yet..

I tried to track the application by providing both GOVT reference and VFS Reference but both did not accept. It says invalid input..

Does it take a week to receive the acknowledgement mail and get it updated in the system ?

Thanks,

Comment

My renunciation application was delivered to VFS New York center on 11/24 by FedEx. Till date i haven't received any acknowledgment mail or status update in their tracking site (still says invalid input).
                            Its been more than 10 days now since my application was delivered. Is there anyone else who is facing the same kind of delays in status update from New York center.

Comment

timbuktu mine was delivered on 11/13 and I finally received an update from VFs on 12/01 saying application recieved and another update this morning and now it is with Indian embassy. They are very slow. Hopefully they will not mess up any further.

Comment

Hello, I just started my frustrating journey of Renunciation. I downloaded this "Declaration of Renunciation OF Citizenship..." PDF. This form looks like it is designed by some mental patient in the Gotham asylym.

Who all are supposed to sign. I thought only the applicant is needed to sign, but there are three total signatures.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X