Renunciation Affidavit Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renunciation Affidavit Help

Due to COVID, my naturalization/oath was delayed. Unfortunately, my Indian passport expired just two weeks before my oath. Now I am trying to renunciate my Indian citizenship and the document checklist says:

AFFIDAVIT OF NATURALISATION AFTER THE EXPIRY OF INDIAN PASSPORT – ORIGINAL & NOTARIZED
    If the applicant was naturalized after the date of expiry of the latest held Indian passport. A notarized affidavit may be submitted explaining the background and the reason for this gap.

Does someone has a copy or a sample of such affidavit and what might be required? I tried searching online to no luck. Would very much appreciate it.

Just write what you wrote in beginning. Basically a letter explaining what happened.

Comment

I think CKGS used to provide the template of the affidavits on their site. Contact VFS and ask them on what exactly needs to be written on the affidavit just to be sure.

Originally posted by agrawal210 View Post
      Due to COVID, my naturalization/oath was delayed. Unfortunately, my Indian passport expired just two weeks before my oath. Now I am trying to renunciate my Indian citizenship and the document checklist says:

AFFIDAVIT OF NATURALISATION AFTER THE EXPIRY OF INDIAN PASSPORT – ORIGINAL & NOTARIZED
      If the applicant was naturalized after the date of expiry of the latest held Indian passport. A notarized affidavit may be submitted explaining the background and the reason for this gap.

Does someone has a copy or a sample of such affidavit and what might be required? I tried searching online to no luck. Would very much appreciate it.

Comment

Hello agrawal210,

I am in similar situation. My Indian passport expired in Januar 2021 and my natualization/oat was in March 1st week.

Did you find any sample of "AFFIDAVIT OF NATURALISATION AFTER THE EXPIRY OF INDIAN PASSPORT – ORIGINAL & NOTARIZED"?

What did you do?

Can you share sample letter or write up?

Thanks

HRK

Comment

Hello,

I am in the similar situation. Could anyone please share the sample of "AFFIDAVIT OF NATURALISATION AFTER THE EXPIRY OF INDIAN PASSPORT – ORIGINAL & NOTARIZED"?

Thanks,
          Aman

Comment

Similar situation
            Any one have a template for the AFFIDAVIT OF NATURALIZATION AFTER THE EXPIRY OF INDIAN PASSPORT. Need help
            thanks

Comment

same situation, no template found. guess we have to write our own.
              request to previous posters - can you confirm if that worked?

Comment

in similar situation as well. Do I have template/letter that I can refer to? Thanks.

Comment

in similar situation as well. Do you have a template/letter that I can refer to? Thanks.

Comment

An affidavit is just a signed statement that one makes, that has legal validity. Obviously it should be signed by the person making the affidavit (and notarized when specifically asked for, though when in doubt, it is safer to have it notarized). Date, and place are required to know the legal jurisdiction. You can use any of the online formats for general affidavits, but even if those legal sounding words like sworn, best of my knowledge and belief etc are not used, an affidavit is still valid. You can simply type Affidavit on top, then make the statement containing the the facts that you are presenting and sign with date and place, and name printed clearly.
                    Last edited by NYCRambo; 09-18-2023, 10:22 AM.

Comment

To: Indian Consulate, .... city....

I ".... your name......" son/daughter/wife of "............. father/husband name.............", residing at ".....................your address..........................." date of birth: .................."dob"........................" being an applicant for ".............. requesting service...........", do hereby solemnly affirm "........... print your reason here............................"

Print it, and take it to a notary to notarize it. It will not be easy as many notaries will ask for a form to sign; take the VFS instructions/checklist and explain them.
                      Last edited by Liberty48; 09-18-2023, 11:06 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X