Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• farazs1
    replied
    I am sure someone must have shared before or majority might know it but I am leaving a link that I found helpful here:

HTH

Leave a comment:

• farazs1
    replied
    What documents do we send? the pdf I received says checklist and application. not even asking for passport back?

Leave a comment:

• farazs1
    replied
    thanks both of you for quick responses.
    if it is $15, then what are they charging $231 for?
    My bad, just checked. It is not just courier service. It includes renunciation fee.
    I might just do VFS to avoid any hassle.
    Last edited by farazs1; 01-22-2021, 12:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jot18
    replied
    Originally posted by farazs1 View Post
    I went ahead and filled out another application on Indian Embassy website just to be sure and am using this new ARN.

BTW is it cheaper to use their VFS courier option (FedEx) or provide our own courier label? I selected VFS courier option and they will charge $231+
    What did you all do when applying?
    VFS also charge like 3.5% or something like that for credit card payments. I recommend using them so you don't have to get any extra labels. Just pay them and get labels. It has less chance of getting your application misplaced.

Leave a comment:

• Donald_Trump
    replied
    It's recommended to buy shipping from VFS which is $15 one way. That is pretty reasonable for Fedex Overnight Priority that VFS provides compared to if you buy directly from Fedex.

Originally posted by farazs1 View Post
    I went ahead and filled out another application on Indian Embassy website just to be sure and am using this new ARN.

BTW is it cheaper to use their VFS courier option (FedEx) or provide our own courier label? I selected VFS courier option and they will charge $231+

Leave a comment:

• farazs1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• farazs1
    started a topic Mistake in Renunciation Application

Mistake in Renunciation Application

Just submitted renunciation application on Indian embassy website for my wife. I was filling out form at VFS website when I realized that father's name is different from what I entered on application. Her father's name on all other documents, Indian or otherwise, is what I put in the application. However, father's name on her passport is slightly different. What should I do? fill out another application on Indian embassy website or just put the same name on VFS form? Thank you!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X