Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My son has 10year valid India VISA; will the current visa restrictions apply for him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son has 10year valid India VISA; will the current visa restrictions apply for him?

All,

My younger son has a 10 year valid India visit VISA on his current passport and passport is expiring on May 5th. we are renewing his Passport. Everybody else in the family has OCI cards.

We are planning to visit India in June ; will the visa restrictions apply to his visa ? can we carry the old passport with visa ?

Thanks all and appreciate your help;

What visa does he have? Assuming it is a tourist visa, the entry is not allowed as they are currently suspended. All previously issued e-Visas, tourist visas are suspended indefinitely.

The only visas that are allowed are: Employment visa, Business Visa and Medical Visa.

You could apply for an Entry visa, if there is a medical emergency/death in the family on urgent basis.

More details here: https://www.cgisf.gov.in/page/entry-visa-services/

Comment

uraees All tourist visas including existing ones are suspended. You will either need OCI or an emergency entry visa. OCI takes about 6-8 weeks or even more at some VFS locations at current processing timelines.You can however, apply for an emergency visa. Check your area's consulate's website for details.

Originally posted by uraees View Post
      All,

My younger son has a 10 year valid India visit VISA on his current passport and passport is expiring on May 5th. we are renewing his Passport. Everybody else in the family has OCI cards.

We are planning to visit India in June ; will the visa restrictions apply to his visa ? can we carry the old passport with visa ?

Thanks all and appreciate your help;

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X