OCI Rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Rejected

so, my OCI paperwork was sent back rejected and reason being - 'Name Change Document'. what is incredibly frustrating. i sent in all docs incl original expired Indian pp with my maiden name, marriage cert with the changed last name then the divorce cert which still has the married last name and i carried it for a while. then i also had the naturalization certificate which has my maiden name (current legal name) also, USA driver's license with my current legal name + usa pp with current legal name and those are back to my maiden name. how hard is it for VFS to get this? or should i say how easy is it for VFS to get lost in this easy easy paperwork ? because as I understand, it took my naturalization certificate to change my name (back to maiden name) everywhere in USA.

2. so, I call VFS which then the automated line tells me to enter a card number to charge so I can speak to an agent/cust. service for help. no, i am not paying for you to tell me which doc you need to approve this.

My divorce was really 1 piece of paper with state of North Carolina stamp to say - you're divorced. no, I didn't receive any paperwork from court for name change because i did not go back to my maiden name at that point. I officially changed my name from married last name back to maiden name when i filed for naturalization, years later.

What will it take for VFS to accept this application ? any pointers ? which form do i need now? No, i can't go to court due to Covid. courts basically have giant bins outside to drop a letter and clerk will call ya back - if you don't have a lawyer.

Thanks,
    Fellow frustrated person.

VFS has been frustrating for many. You will need to escalate this to your area's consulate. Check their website for contact details. Also sent a physical letter to the Consulate explaining your ordeal.

Originally posted by Vindilemma View Post
    so, my OCI paperwork was sent back rejected and reason being - 'Name Change Document'. what is incredibly frustrating. i sent in all docs incl original expired Indian pp with my maiden name, marriage cert with the changed last name then the divorce cert which still has the married last name and i carried it for a while. then i also had the naturalization certificate which has my maiden name (current legal name) also, USA driver's license with my current legal name + usa pp with current legal name and those are back to my maiden name. how hard is it for VFS to get this? or should i say how easy is it for VFS to get lost in this easy easy paperwork ? because as I understand, it took my naturalization certificate to change my name (back to maiden name) everywhere in USA.

2. so, I call VFS which then the automated line tells me to enter a card number to charge so I can speak to an agent/cust. service for help. no, i am not paying for you to tell me which doc you need to approve this.

My divorce was really 1 piece of paper with state of North Carolina stamp to say - you're divorced. no, I didn't receive any paperwork from court for name change because i did not go back to my maiden name at that point. I officially changed my name from married last name back to maiden name when i filed for naturalization, years later.

What will it take for VFS to accept this application ? any pointers ? which form do i need now? No, i can't go to court due to Covid. courts basically have giant bins outside to drop a letter and clerk will call ya back - if you don't have a lawyer.

Thanks,
    Fellow frustrated person.

Comment

Vindilemma Which consulate does your case fall under? Have you tried reaching out to them?

Comment

Same issue, i provided all documents which show old name,new name ..... and now they want affidavit

Comment

Donald_Trump - Yes, as i mentioned in my original post - VFS wants a credit card which they charge you for a convo. no, i am not going to do it. sent to D.C also, I'm based out of Charlotte in N.C. and escalate to who? i can barely find proper info on the website. heck, i went as far as calling the Indian Embassy and ofcourse not to my surprise when i picked any and every option i could and did Not get a human to respond. line goes blank after the sad elevator music. i mean it did cross my mind to call the 'emergency number' but this is not an emergency. if it were, id file for E-Visa and go that route. but i need this asap. i can't just be the person to have to go thru this. there have got to be more ppl with name changes that finally got theirs as well. i wonder which affidavit did they use

Comment

ApplyOCI21 - what is your solution? i mean what have you done to combat this issue? i bet its equally frustrating .

Comment

Vindilemma Reach out to @EmbassyIndiaDC OCI on Twitter, they respond to it. Also, u can email them at [email protected]

Good luck.

Comment

ApplyOCI21 - what is your solution? Facing similar issue at SFO.. Last name change during naturalization

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X