Can Indian travel to US with passport expiring in less than 6 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Indian travel to US with passport expiring in less than 6 months

My mom lives in India (she is Indian citizen). Her passport expires in September 2021. Her visa is valid till end of 2022 (so no issues with her tourist visa).

Can she travel to US around July 2021 and be back in India before her passport expires? I think there was some 6 month rule, but then i read an article that it doesn't apply to Indians. So not sure.

They plan to take Qatar airlines, with a stop-over at Doha. Any similar issues i should be concerned about at Doha?

As far as entering the US, yes, she can enter with an Indian passport expiring in less than 6 months, since India is in the 6-month club. She will be admitted until the expiration date of her passport at the latest, which is enough for her trip.

I don't know if there will be issues with transiting Qatar with a passport expiring in less than 6 months.

However, most people who have been in India in the past 14 days are currently banned from entering the US.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I think she might not be allowed into the USA until they change the rules. They are only allowing Citizens, GC's and Parents of kids who are under 21 years of age.

Tourist visa holders are not allowed as of now and might be till August.

Even Students with F1 visas are not allowed to the US until August 1st.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X