Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US citizen looking to travel to India post Nov-15 on existing 10 year Tourist Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US citizen looking to travel to India post Nov-15 on existing 10 year Tourist Visa

Hi

I am originally from India but a naturalized US citizen. I hold a multiple entry 10 year tourist visa that was issued in 2014.
    I have used this to travel to India for the last 5 years until the COVID pandemic. I dont have OCI

I see that India has opened up travel for tourists on chartered flights starting Oct-15 and regular flights starting Nov-15.
    I would like to travel to India in late november so can I use my existing 10 year tourist visa?

The instructions and rules are not clear. Will I have to apply for a fresh tourist visa or can I use the existing 10 year tourist visa that is valid till 2024?

if anybody has some clarity or additional information in this regard please let me know

thanks

as far I understand, the tourist visa should still be valid now that travel to India has been opened up for tourists. Please visit the Ministry for External Affairs website(or the consulate websites) for EXACT information.

Comment

Any visa issued prior to October 6th 2021 is not valid

Comment

The Government of India has restored all existing visas, which had been suspended earlier, including electronic visa except e-Tourist Visa, Tourist Visa and Medical Visa. All those who hold such valid visas (other than e-Tourist Visa, Tourist visa and Medical visa) need not apply to the Consulate for revalidation of their existing visa. In other words, only those who hold e-Tourist visa/Tourist visa (regular) and Medical visa need to apply for a fresh visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X