consent letter - oci

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• consent letter - oci

Quick question, is there an official version for consent letter or we just write a letter saying we allow them to make any corrections and include file reference number and personal details?

I am also waiting on this-Can someone please suggest a consent letter format for the OCI application.Help much appreciated!

Comment

Why are you guys making it harder than it is supposed to be? Quick google search "consent letter" will give you format for hundreds of consent letter formats. You can find one and adapt it your situation. A simple format like this will do:

Consent letter to make edits or corrections on the OCI application form

To:
      Indian Embassy/Consulate

Respected Sir/Madam,

I, <your name>, hereby consent to the Indian embassy/consulate to make edits and corrections to any mistakes I may have made on
      the OCI government form

Sincerely,
      <your name>
      <sign here>
      Last edited by ma06!; 11-16-2021, 06:19 PM.

Comment

I figured it is so I wrote it exactly like that. Honestly it doesn't hurt to ask, no matter how small a query.

Comment

Thanks farazs1 for asking that question.
          Honestly it doesn't harm to ask, no matter how small a query is.
          I am glad you asked & I am going to use your validation to compose/copy my consent letter as well.
          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ma06! View Post
            Why are you guys making it harder than it is supposed to be? Quick google search "consent letter" will give you format for hundreds of consent letter formats. You can find one and adapt it your situation.
            Because we all are Indians from India where we are used to government officials rejecting anything and everything for frivolous reasons esp if it deviates slightly from the standard official document.

Number of times I have walked up and down Tahsildar office & passport office is countless.

Comment

ma06! Actually, google search for consent actually brought me here. So this forum indeed works. No harm in asking questions. That's why these really exists for. You might be over smart but not all are over smart and over confident!

And thanks for the letter. I did use this format!

Originally posted by ma06! View Post
              Why are you guys making it harder than it is supposed to be? Quick google search "consent letter" will give you format for hundreds of consent letter formats. You can find one and adapt it your situation. A simple format like this will do:

To:
              Indian Embassy/Consulate

Respected Sir/Madam,

I, <your name>, hereby consent to the Indian embassy/consulate to make edits and corrections to any mistakes I may have made on
              the OCI government form

Sincerely,
              <your name>
              <sign here>

Comment

I understand your concerns, Xavior. It can be frustrating to deal with bureaucracy, but it's important to remember that having a proper consent letter can help prevent any unnecessary delays or rejections. And as farazs1 mentioned earlier, it's always better to ask and be sure rather than assume and risk having your application rejected yt apk

To:
                Indian Embassy/Consulate

Respected Sir/Madam,

the OCI government form

Sincerely,
                <your name>
                <sign here>
                this format should suffice for most situations, but you may want to check with the Indian Embassy/Consulate if they have any specific requirements for the consent letter.
                Last edited by melvinardan; 03-31-2023, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Here is VFS's consent letter: https://www.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/...ent-Letter.pdf

Comment

Looking at VFS global doc on the consent letter, shared by user above it seems like both CGI & VFS global would want to apply re-issue OCI card and make more money in this process , so essentially this consent letter is useless as I have noticed in my OCI case in spite of writing to cgi sfo on a specific error officials reviewing my OCI file didn’t correct the form and sent me an OCI card with same root as in the Govt OCI portal. I hope they allow me to correct this by simply updating OCI portal and not have to go through the re-issue processing again

Comment

Hi everyone,

I've been following this discussion and find it very helpful. Thanks to all for sharing your experiences and suggestions.

Regarding the consent letter for the OCI application, I agree that there doesn't seem to be an official format. The suggestion from ma06! seems quite reasonable and clear. Here it is again for reference:

​Consent letter to make edits or corrections on the OCI application form

To:
                      Indian Embassy/Consulate

Respected Sir/Madam,

I, [Your Name], hereby consent to the Indian embassy/consulate to make edits and corrections to any mistakes I may have made on the OCI government form.

Sincerely,
                      [Your Name]​

Remember, it's always a good idea to check with the relevant authorities or a legal expert if you're unsure. I hope this is helpful and good luck with your OCI applications!
                      Last edited by Mijael166; 06-29-2023, 06:31 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X