Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian evisa without renuciation

Hi all,

Just wanted to check that can we apply and get tourist evisa for India. Haven't renounced the Indian citizenship yet and it's been 4 years since I got my citizenship.

I called up Indian evisa helpdesk who informed that we can apply and there is no issue but in relation to immigration at the port of arrival, will that cause an issue as the guy I spoke to wasn't sure. Just wanted to check if anyone was able to go through immigration without issues on evisa and they havent renounced their citizenship yet?

Thanks

Originally posted by Dave7666 View Post
    Hi all,

Just wanted to check that can we apply and get tourist evisa for India. Haven't renounced the Indian citizenship yet and it's been 4 years since I got my citizenship.

I called up Indian evisa helpdesk who informed that we can apply and there is no issue but in relation to immigration at the port of arrival, will that cause an issue as the guy I spoke to wasn't sure. Just wanted to check if anyone was able to go through immigration without issues on evisa and they havent renounced their citizenship yet?

Thanks
    My coworker traveled in March. They had applied for renounciation but didn't get it yet and traveled on evisa. Noone questioned anything but just make sure to return within 30 days.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Dave7666 May I ask if you filled out the "Any other valid Passport" section on your eVisa form? In particular did you say No, or did you add details of your old Indian passport?

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by beanpole9791 View Post
          Dave7666 May I ask if you filled out the "Any other valid Passport" section on your eVisa form? In particular did you say No, or did you add details of your old Indian passport?

Thank you!
          I got this specific question answered. Please see this thread: https://www.immihelp.com/forum/india...valid-passport

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X