No announcement yet.

OCI Application Document checklist for Adult US Naturalized Citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I ended up getting pink highlights on the important things on the "New OCI Checklist for Adult". And, I noticed the part where you are actually supposed to mail in the chuckling as the cover page. Do you think I need to print a new checklist now? Or, would they be okay with the highlights? thanks

Comment

Thanks for the info. It was hard to find the OCI checklist that is up to date

Comment

Originally posted by beanpole9791 View Post
        Folks, just a quick note that I successfully received my OCI card.

The time from mailing my application to receiving the OCI card was 39 days.

As a reminder, here is what I did:

Getting OCI card is not easy, thanks for sharing the checklist

Comment

The gov of India website for filling the OCI application sucks! Today, I was able to fill part A and when I clicked on "Proceed to Part B", the flow reset back to the start of the application. 😫 I don't see a way to go back to uploading the documents that are needed in part B. Did anybody else face this problem recently? 👿

Comment

I am planning to send OCI application in September 2023. I don’t see that signed checklist is required as one of the documents listed on the vfs website. But I see that many older applications have sent checklist and old form exists online. Would like to know what’s the experience been of the folks who applied to OCI in 2023 for sending checklist with physical application. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dvpatel View Post
              This "self attested" crap is a joke. They have had this since decades and won't give up.
              self-attestation is an Indian thing!! It will not go away.

Comment

Originally posted by anandibs View Post
                I am planning to send OCI application in September 2023. I don’t see that signed checklist is required as one of the documents listed on the vfs website. But I see that many older applications have sent checklist and old form exists online. Would like to know what’s the experience been of the folks who applied to OCI in 2023 for sending checklist with physical application. Thanks!
                Last time, I didn't include the checklist, but have done it in the past.

Comment

I am trying to apply for my OCI card. Do each of the Documents copy which you upload has to be notorized? I see on VFSglobal website it says"A notarized affidavit needs to be submitted that the documents in support of the OCI application are true copies of the original documents, where only copies are being provided".

Comment

Ash6 following, i am also trying to apply for OCI for my family (2 kids and wife and husband). let's see how it goes.
                    I have few questions,

1. Affidavit in lieu of originals is it required and must.
                    2. for my wife we do not have address proof for her as we recently moved from canada. do we need a cover letter or if spouse address is attached then they will recognize it as marriage certificate is already attached.
                    3. same goes for kids as address proof, as in their case the birth-certificate is attached. would they assume that this is the address of 1 of the parent and would accept it. or we need to upload the birth-certificate under each section seperately and mail it to VFS Global.

Comment

sjundre
                      1. We are in the process and I had mailed VFS and they replied back saying that notarized affidavit in lieu of original is absolutely necessary for adults as well.
                      3. For minors, had enquired on this and they mentioned that driving license of parent, birth certificate of minor along with marriage certificate will cover. I assume that same could cover for spouse as well.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X