No announcement yet.

Visa Application on hold: Canadian Citizen, US visitor, Visit Visa application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Application on hold: Canadian Citizen, US visitor, Visit Visa application

Applied to Atlanta Location

I have applied for Visit Visa for India, and it's currently on hold. The hold is because they have asked for a "long-term legal status in the US".
    The VFS visa checklist does not mention such requirement but only says they require proof of valid legal status. I have spoken to at least 3 VFS representatives that told me I could apply as a Canadian Citizen before I applied for the visa. I sent I94 form as a proof of my legal visitor status.

Now VFS has utilized 20 days in finally telling me that I can not apply with B2 status.

Their checklist does not mention anything regarding long term status all it says is valid status.

All that being said my Renunciation application was approved a week ago even though I am not long-term status in US

Does anyone have any experience with this? Please help

Attached Files

With legal status means, a resident permit or work visa. It's standard across many countries. If you are not a resident of that country, then you can't apply for tourist visa from that country!

A tourist visa to US doesn't mean you have legal status in US!

Comment

If you review the guidelines & VFS checklist, you can see that the requirements for renunciation and visa are different.

You were eligible for renunciation, as it doesn't need proof legal status in USA - hence that was processed.

But for Visa, you do not fulfil the legal resident criteria (listed clearly in that checklist). VFS reps are not very knowledgeable and probably gave you wrong information. The checklist if the one you should follow to the letter.

Best you apply for the visa from your home country - i.e Canada.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X