I am posting here to see if anyone has faced a similar situation and can offer any guidance.
We applied for OCI for a 3-month-old infant under the New York jurisdiction. The application has been put on hold twice due to thumb impression clarity.
We submitted the Initial OCI application through VFS with the baby’s thumbprint. 3 days after we got the notification that VFS put the application on hold, asking for a clearer fingerprint. I called them and explained that it is hard to get a well defined fingerprint for infants anf they advised me to upload a new fingerprint, take the print out of application page and also attach a cover letter. We re-uploaded the clearest possible thumb impression (scanned) and mailed the updated first page of the application as instructed. Unfortunately they are requesting another fingerprint and asking us to update the application and send mail them the copy. I was told by the VFS agent that the application was sent to the Consulate but it was returned for fingerprint issues.
We are not sure how to proceed at this point.
Has anyone had this issue ? What do I do if the fingerprints kept getting rejected ? Any advise would be really grateful ?
We applied for OCI for a 3-month-old infant under the New York jurisdiction. The application has been put on hold twice due to thumb impression clarity.
We submitted the Initial OCI application through VFS with the baby’s thumbprint. 3 days after we got the notification that VFS put the application on hold, asking for a clearer fingerprint. I called them and explained that it is hard to get a well defined fingerprint for infants anf they advised me to upload a new fingerprint, take the print out of application page and also attach a cover letter. We re-uploaded the clearest possible thumb impression (scanned) and mailed the updated first page of the application as instructed. Unfortunately they are requesting another fingerprint and asking us to update the application and send mail them the copy. I was told by the VFS agent that the application was sent to the Consulate but it was returned for fingerprint issues.
We are not sure how to proceed at this point.
Has anyone had this issue ? What do I do if the fingerprints kept getting rejected ? Any advise would be really grateful ?
Comment