Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce & child custody

Hi

I came to US after marrying my husband 8 years back . We now have a child of 4 yr old . I was working here for some years . I quit my job just before my delivery to take care of my baby & be with the baby full time .
    Meanwhile my visa quota was over in 2013 so he forced me to go out of country for 365 days so when I come back I can apply new H1B but he called me back in 6 months saying that he changed employer so he ll get green card soon & so I can work on EAD but till now he hasn't got the EAD yet . I came back March 2014 . He is kept me like a Slave. I don't Hv access even to my own earnings . I was having only debit card but even a $1 spent I have to answer him for 1 hour . Also he convinced me before going to India that in my absence he might need my sign for any loan purposes so removed my name from the joint account . But he had his salary account in different bank & I came to know this after I came back .
    He gives me lot of mental torture everyday . I wanted divorce from him & he is ready to give but black miles me that he will not allow me to take my kid to India after divorce . Everyday I'm dying & he acts like an animal . Only for my kid sake I'm taking all his torture . Pleaseeee some one help me what to do? I want to go India to my family . I am stuck here with this psycho husband . My son is very much attached to me emotionally & too young to leave him here & go .

Ammumeha,

You need someone in your area to be a mediator between you and your husband. Since we aren't hearing your husband's side of this story, it's impossible for anyone on this forum to give you objective advice based on an understanding of your marital problems.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Ammumeha View Post
    Hi

I came to US after marrying my husband 8 years back . We now have a child of 4 yr old . I was working here for some years . I quit my job just before my delivery to take care of my baby & be with the baby full time .
    Meanwhile my visa quota was over in 2013 so he forced me to go out of country for 365 days so when I come back I can apply new H1B but he called me back in 6 months saying that he changed employer so he ll get green card soon & so I can work on EAD but till now he hasn't got the EAD yet . I came back March 2014 . He is kept me like a Slave. I don't Hv access even to my own earnings . I was having only debit card but even a $1 spent I have to answer him for 1 hour . Also he convinced me before going to India that in my absence he might need my sign for any loan purposes so removed my name from the joint account . But he had his salary account in different bank & I came to know this after I came back .
    He gives me lot of mental torture everyday . I wanted divorce from him & he is ready to give but black miles me that he will not allow me to take my kid to India after divorce . Everyday I'm dying & he acts like an animal . Only for my kid sake I'm taking all his torture . Pleaseeee some one help me what to do? I want to go India to my family . I am stuck here with this psycho husband . My son is very much attached to me emotionally & too young to leave him here & go .

Comment

Divorce & child custody

Thank you for the reply .

Comment

Yes even I would say that it is very important to know the story from both the sides. It would be unfair to get up to the conclusion hearing from one side. I can suggest you that if you are unable to understand what's going and what you should so in this case then you can take help of Divorce Attorney West Palm Beach, they have professional lawyers and I am sure then can help you out easily.For more information have a look at http://www.pbclegal.com/ .

Comment

Really sorry to hear about your situation. I am afraid I wouldn't be of much help to you with this concern but I can give you some tips. Compose yourself and decide what you need to do to move on, its definitely not the end of the world. When I faced the same issue what I did was got in touch with an attorney. I guess your best bet would be a family lawyer to settle things out. Gain family support for your situation and then speak to the attorney. Indian laws can protect you and he can be made liable for his actions. All the best!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X