Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rent Recovery - Advice required

Dear Friends,

Like many who migrate to US to fulfill their Dollar Dreams, I took up work in Kuwait to fulfill my family's aspirations. I live with my family here in kuwait and life is not easy in this part of the world.

Out of hard earned money and by taking a loan with LIC we bought our dream apartment in Pune. We rented out the apartment to a pharsie gentleman and thniking part of our EMI commitment can be paid through the rent by him.

This gentleman happens to be an NRI from US. Things went alright for first three months, then the nightmare started. The cheques started bouncing and my widowed sister had to keep running behind him for rent payments. Eventually this person defaulted rent for 3 months and we were forced to serve a notice of eviction.

I travelled to pune to meet him and i was in for a big shock that this person had locked the apartment and went back to States. I tried speaking to him in a nice way, but he was too arrogant and refused for any compromise. The neighbours had many complaints against him and suggested that i go through illegal means to evict him. Considering my widowed sister living there, i didn't want to do it and i took the legal channel.

The court has issued a verdict to evict him after a year. Even after adjusting the deposit amount paid by him, the default amounts to more than USD3,000
    and i have already incurred so much of legal expenses and have been paying my EMI adn i'll have so much expenses to settle water, electricity, society charges etc. All this has put my family and myself under tremendous pressure.

I need advice as to how I can make him pay for the defaulted amount.

Your responses in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Thomas

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X