Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interim Alimony - can she claim alimony in Australian $ based on my earnings in US$?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interim Alimony - can she claim alimony in Australian $ based on my earnings in US$?

I am in the middle of a Divorce battle in Chennai - case is going on since Mar 2009 and she is not ready for settlement as she is demanding a huge sum of money.

She recently left to Australia to pursue higher studies, and now has filed an "interim Alimony" claim for a huge amount (Rs.50,000 per month in addition to her tuituion fee of Rs.13Lakh per year). She states that I am earning in USD (of course it will be more than Rs.2 Lakh if you convert per month - BEFORE taxes) and I have to pay her alimony in Australian $.

Her case says that I have to support her as she could not live in India because of "cruelty" I did to her (of course she is lying, as all divorced women in India seem to do these days to get money).

Does she have a valid case? Will the judge grant her the interim alimony she asks for? What can I do to fight it and not have this huge monthly bill on my head?

Thank you for your time. I do hope that someday I will be able to come out of this mess and help out everyone who is in a horrible situation like me.

Thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X