X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• samlynn
    replied
    Insurance

Once married you can be added to partners employer insurance. If that isn't an option then you can go to https://www.insubuy.com/new-immigrant-insurance/ and purchase from there until you are eligible for a domestic plan.

Leave a comment:

• alienrayray
    replied
    I may be mistaken in my original reply. Try healthcare.gov after green card received and then if that doesnt work u have to use insubuy.com

Leave a comment:

• alienrayray
    replied
    Originally posted by dds View Post
    Hi everyone, I am about to set the process in motion for marrying my partner here in California (I am currently on ESTA visitors visa) and am wondering once I submit the adjust of status form (i-485) and relative petition form (i-130) when would be covered for health and dental care by the state at this point or when I receive the green card in approx 6 months? Thanks for your help with this.
    Apparently only after 5 years. I was told by state today that you have to he a perm resident for 5 years before you can get health insurance

Leave a comment:

• dds
    started a topic Health and Dental Coverage for new immigrant

Health and Dental Coverage for new immigrant

Hi everyone, I am about to set the process in motion for marrying my partner here in California (I am currently on ESTA visitors visa) and am wondering once I submit the adjust of status form (i-485) and relative petition form (i-130) when would be covered for health and dental care by the state at this point or when I receive the green card in approx 6 months? Thanks for your help with this.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X