Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rayb
    replied
    I don't know anything about a "5-year bar" from you obtaining prenatal or birth coverage.

--Ray B

Originally posted by rayb View Post
    Your sister is not responsible for your health insurance cost. It's not that you are "required" to have health insurance, but you face financial penalties when filing an income tax return if you don't have health insurance.

To start exploring what health care best available for you, go to: http://www.hca.wa.gov/Pages/index.aspx

--Ray B

Leave a comment:

• rayb
    replied
    Your sister is not responsible for your health insurance cost. It's not that you are "required" to have health insurance, but you face financial penalties when filing an income tax return if you don't have health insurance.

To start exploring what health care best available for you, go to: http://www.hca.wa.gov/Pages/index.aspx

--Ray B

Originally posted by thammy2426 View Post
    So I came here on a K1 visa, arrived April 2014, married July 2014 and received my greencard January 2015. My husband made enough money for me to get my visa but not enough for me to get my greencard. So therefore my sponsor is my sister and she signed an affidavit of support for me.
    Now, my husband is on free washington apple health insurance (medicaid). I understand I cannot apply for foodstamps and such, but seeing as I'm required by law to have insurance, do we have to pay the full price for me? Or do I fall under my husband's health insurance? Or do I fall under my sister in law's health insurance even though I'm not part of her household?
    From my understanding, even though my husband and his children fall under apple health insurance, we have to pay for me separately for 5 years, but no body's really been able to give me a straight answer.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Also, we are planning for a baby in 2016. From my understanding that 5 year bar is taken away once I'm pregnant. Is that still true if I am sponsored by someone else outside of the household? Or would my sister in law have the foot the whole bill if I go under apple health insurance?

Leave a comment:

• thammy2426
    started a topic Insurance for K1 visa immigrant

Insurance for K1 visa immigrant

So I came here on a K1 visa, arrived April 2014, married July 2014 and received my greencard January 2015. My husband made enough money for me to get my visa but not enough for me to get my greencard. So therefore my sponsor is my sister and she signed an affidavit of support for me.
    Now, my husband is on free washington apple health insurance (medicaid). I understand I cannot apply for foodstamps and such, but seeing as I'm required by law to have insurance, do we have to pay the full price for me? Or do I fall under my husband's health insurance? Or do I fall under my sister in law's health insurance even though I'm not part of her household?
    From my understanding, even though my husband and his children fall under apple health insurance, we have to pay for me separately for 5 years, but no body's really been able to give me a straight answer.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Also, we are planning for a baby in 2016. From my understanding that 5 year bar is taken away once I'm pregnant. Is that still true if I am sponsored by someone else outside of the household? Or would my sister in law have the foot the whole bill if I go under apple health insurance?
    Last edited by thammy2426; 03-08-2015, 12:44 AM. Reason: added info

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X