Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical insurance for spouse of an L1B holder with preexisting condition

Hi,

I would be moving to the US in 2 months under L1B visa status and my company would be obtaining a medical insurance plan for me and my wife. However, we came to know that she is 4 weeks pregnant yesterday. I am curious to find whether the insurance would provide maternity cover given it would be a pre-exisiting condition. We don't know the insurance plan yet, but just want to find out if there are insurance plans which would cover maternity if its pre-existing too.

If they do cover, would they cover all the medical expenses and the delivery costs as well? If the former is covered at least?

Thanks for your help.

regards,
    Nitin

You will have to check with your employer as others would have no way to know what they do or don't provide.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

You should be covered under an ACA compliant policy, therefore your dependents will be entitled to coverage as well, and insurers will not be able to decline coverage due to pre-existing coverages.

Comment

You can enroll under the Obama care ( ACA compliant ) plan only during the enrollment period. If she is eligible to get your employer insurance that would be the best.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Originally posted by insubuy View Post
          You can enroll under the Obama care ( ACA compliant ) plan only during the enrollment period. If she is eligible to get your employer insurance that would be the best.
          To you, you can go for help?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X