Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health insurance plans for new older-age permanent US residents

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a US citizen and my parents recently moved to the US. They both got permanent visas to reside in the US, and should be getting actual green cards in the mail in a month or two.

-- My father is 73 years old with pre-existing condition (stents in artery, takes blood pressure and cholesterol medications).

-- My mother is 69 years old (but will turn 70 in a few months).

Neither my mother or father currently has medical insurance although I am hoping that they will get Medicaid in a month.

For the time being, do you offer any insurance plans for a month or two for both of them keeping their ages in mind and keeping my father's pre-existing condition in mind? I do not want to be financially responsible for them in case either suffers from a major medical emergency!

Thank you very much.

Thanks a lot for the fast reply!

It seems like some plans do not cover over 70 year olds and some do not cover WA state residents (any reason why)?

Comment

Hi one last question. My mother is 69 years old so I am purchasing visitor's insurance for her. However, technically she is not a visitor since she got a 1 year I-551 permanent visa (essentially a green card).

So can she still purchase visitor's travel insurance even though there is a good chance that she will live in the US permanently?

Also, if she turns 70 in April of this year, would she then be considered as over 70 at that point if we renew the insurance in April?

Comment

Thanks they just arrived 7 days ago.

Unfortunately, when I was trying to get a policy from the new immigrant section, in the application form it asked me for a date they expect to return to home country...but they are probably going to stay in the US permanently so I cannot fill that out.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X