This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fisrt time insurance in usa

me+child have entered usa in sept2018 (PR)
    received physical GC in oct18
    received SS card in oct18

before coming over, we had undertaken travel insurance in india (for our usa stay) for 90 days. (expires on 02dec18)
    sum insured for each member : us$500000 (age 54 / 22)
    from 02dec18,we would have to purchase health insurance in usa itself. (currently: me+child are making about $110 (combined) a day working in a small family owned store)
    1. for what sum should we insure to protect us from year around doctor's/hospital's expenses (if any)
    2. what would be the all inclusive premium (ball park) for 90 days / 1 year (please provide both estimates)
    3. will it cover all illness+injuries+accidents+surgery+DOCTOR CONSULTATION... (we have no prior or existing illness / hospitalisation)
    4. will that health policy hold good if we took a travel to canada or india (short stay)

thanks

forgot to mention : for now residing at secaucus-nj (father's house)
    also, my husband will be joining us in dec18. he will be getting a travel insurance from india itself for 90 day
    so, from march19 onward, how to get his name included to our health policy (with all benefits/coverage too)
    -he too has a GC (all of us got it on the same day)

Comment

Originally posted by insubuy
      You will have to purchase a local insurance in NJ that is ACA compliant. You would need to enroll by December 15, 2018. Otherwise, you will not be able to do so for one year. We don't offer that kind of insurance.

When you travel to India or other countries, you can purchase travel insurance online at https://www.insubuy.com/travel-health-insurance/
      thanks for the revert

what you suggested, are NEW immigrants eligible?
      i read in njfamilycare.org
      'Adults who are legal permanent residents of the US must have had that status for at least five years in order to be eligible for NJ FamilyCare. '

then, what is our alternative. we have to have insurance, cause medical/hospitalisation expenses in usa would be back/bank breaking.
      how/where do we get PAID health insurance in secaucus (nj)/elsewhere, that covers hospitalisation/accidents/injuries/surgery...
      -if we have to pay for health insurance, then we have to pay-
      health emergencies/accidents/injuries... do not happen, assessing your financial status first...
      can some one give me a quotation:

new immigrants
      female : age 54
      female : age 22
      male : age 58
      (no prior/existing illness/hospitalisation/disability)
      sum covered: $250000 for each
      should be CASHLESS & cover hospitalisation/surgery/accidents/injuries/doctor consultations/xrays/.....

(regarding insurance in india - we will jump the bridge when we reach it)

Comment

Please contact your local insurance company or agent.
        currently, i am in india, so may i get a reply to my queries & a quote
        (same parameters : quote for 3 months & 1 year)
        else: link/email of insurance companies/agents in nj

Comment

We don't have that information. You may search on the internet.
          so, as GC holders, can't we buy/get (of course, not free) health insurance from you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X