pre-existing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre-existing question

I have parents who are new immigrants to usa. Both over 65 years of age. Obviously have pre-existing conditions. I want them to come to Canada and stay with me for 4-6 months. Do u have plans that would cover them well for Arthritis, Allergies, BP mammogram etc. I would appreciate your feedback.

There is no plan from any company that will cover pre-existing conditions for new immigrants to USA.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

What about patriot insurance with patriot trip lite

I read in the Patiot America brochure that "pre-existing condition is waived if the insured is under the age 70 and Patriot T.R.I.P. "Lite" is purchased within 14 days from the date initial deposit for covered trip is paid to the travel supplier and all insureds are medically able to travel in the date coverage is purchased"

What does this mean?

tx.

Comment

Swathi,

You have misunderstood what it is saying.

Patriot TRIP Lite is only for trip cancellation and that occurs before you start the trip.

Lets assume your father has a heart disease and is below 70 years of age. You buy Patriot TRIP Lite within 14 days of purchasing the airticket to come to USA. Your airticket costs $1,500. Those tickets are non-refundable.
        All insureds are medically able to travel in the date coverage is purchased.

Now, God forbid, lets assume that just a couple of days before coming to USA, he gets a heart attack because of his pre-existing condition heart disease. Now, he is in the hospital and can't travel to USA.

What will happen to $1,500 he paid for his airtickets? Patriot TRIP Lite is the insurance to cover that airticket cost or cancellation penalties.

Trip cancellation insurance starts from the next day of purchase and finishes the day the person starts his trip. After starting the trip, there is no trip to cancel and therefore there is no coverage. (If the person needs to go back to home country early, lets say if their home is flooded or something, that is called trip interruption and not relevant to this discussion.)

In other words, it is an air ticket insurance for before starting the trip.

It does NOT cover anything at all if he needs medical treatment because of pre-existing conditions while in USA.

I hope that clarifies.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at any time or post the questions here.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X