Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jw7546
    replied
    I'm concerned about getting insurance for my elderly mother-in-law when she gets here. Can you share with me your experience?

Leave a comment:

• hjnj2023
    replied
    Originally posted by Baran17 View Post

Hi there, I wonder if you could share with more information on how you got the ACA insurance for your parents? I am new to this site as well and not sure how to contact you on 1-1 basis?
    Hello Guys, in the similar situation. I am in NJ. Could you please share more details here so others could benefit as well?

Leave a comment:

• Baran17
    replied
    Originally posted by MDUser View Post
    My parents also came in Mar 2023. They are 80 and 88 years old. They got insurance under ACA. Based on their income they could also get premium reduction. Happy to connect on a 1-1 basis to share experiences.
    Hi there, I wonder if you could share with more information on how you got the ACA insurance for your parents? I am new to this site as well and not sure how to contact you on 1-1 basis?

Leave a comment:

• MDUser
    replied
    My parents also came in Mar 2023. They are 80 and 88 years old. They got insurance under ACA. Based on their income they could also get premium reduction. Happy to connect on a 1-1 basis to share experiences.

Leave a comment:

• davidoliver
    replied
    Senior new immigrants to a country may have different health insurance options available to them depending on the country and the specific circumstances of the individual. Some common health insurance options for senior new immigrants include:

Government-provided health insurance: Many countries offer government-provided health insurance programs for their citizens and residents, including seniors. Depending on the country, these programs may be free or low-cost and may cover a wide range of medical services.

Private health insurance: Senior new immigrants may also choose to purchase private health insurance, which can offer additional benefits and coverage beyond what is provided by government programs. Private health insurance plans may also have more flexibility in terms of choosing doctors and hospitals.

Employer-provided health insurance: If a senior new immigrant is employed, their employer may offer health insurance as a benefit. This can provide coverage for medical services and may be partially or fully paid for by the employer.

Affordable Care Act (ACA) coverage: In the United States, senior new immigrants may be eligible for coverage under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) if they meet certain income and residency requirements. ACA coverage provides access to a range of medical services and may include subsidies to help offset the cost of premiums and out-of-pocket expenses.

Travel health insurance: For senior new immigrants who are planning to travel back to their home country frequently, travel health insurance can provide coverage for medical emergencies and other health-related expenses while abroad.

Leave a comment:

• PAA
    replied
    Hello tks_2020, why are your parents not eligible for medicaid? My parents are coming here as well in March of 2023. Can we keep in touch while we research for health insurance for our parents?

Leave a comment:

• tks_2020
    started a topic Senior new immigrants health insurance options

Senior new immigrants health insurance options

Hello there,

My Parents aged 69 and 64 got their green card end of March, my dad receives pension in India. They are not eligible for medicare program and ACA premium is very high.
    Are there any other options for health insurance ? will they be eligible for medicaid?
    Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X