Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medi-Cal or Covered CA for New IR5 parents

Hi all,

I was wondering if you can please let me know if you are interested to co-ordinate efforts to get healthcare coverage for your parents in California who are recently moving? We can exchange experiences and tips for getting healthcare coverage.

Thank you.

Is it possible to buy my own insurance, include my parents in it. But I am also insured along with my wife in her company's insurance? So in essence I am double insured mainly for the purpose of including my parents under my insurance umbrella..

Comment

I am noticing differences between medi-cal and market place primarily in terms of acceptance across medical practices and also dental plans. For that reason, it is better to take market place. What are your thoughts?

Comment

If you are eligible to enroll in the market place insurance you should enroll.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hi Folks,
          My parents in AOS state currently and have alien numbers assigned to them. Would it be possible to get medical insurance for them via CoverdCA / Medi-cal at this point?
          Would this in any way jeopardize the AOS -> GC conversion by purchasing medicare / applying for senior citizen medical?

Regards

Comment

Immigrants who are not lawfully present do not qualify for a health plan through Covered California; however, they may qualify for coverage through Medi-Cal if they are younger than 26 or are 50 or older if they are DACA recipients if they are currently pregnant or were recently pregnant. Medi-Cal is always easier to get with no big fuss, but of course, it's better first to consult with competent in this topic people. If I were you I would have a consultation with an Insurance Coverage Discovery company. They can help choose the best health insurance plan by age, price, and chronic diseases.
            Last edited by DeniroDin; 12-06-2022, 01:21 PM.

Comment

It's always a bit nerve-wracking when you're away from your regular dentist and need dental care. Asking locals for recommendations is a smart move.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X