Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insurance for J1 visa

Hello,

I'm serching an insurance for my J1 visa that covers the university requirements, which are the following:

$100,000 USD per accident & illness in medical coverage
    Deductible cannot exceed $500 per accident or illness
    Coinsurance cannot exceed 25%
    Medical evacuation coverage must be at least $50,000 USD
    Repatriation coverage must be at least $25,000 USD
    Pre-existing conditions must be a covered benefit. The waiting period for benefit coverage cannot exceed 12 months. Pre-existing conditions must also have a $100,000 per illness medical coverage. Please note: Policy’s with coverage for only “Acute onset of pre-existing conditions” do not meet this requirement.
    Carrier must be at least A- rated or backed by the full faith and credit of the Exchange Visitor's government.

I've seen the Patriot Exchange Program insurance, but I'm not sure it covers the requirement about the pre-existing condition, the statement "If condition existed within 36 month prior the effective Date, Charges are excluded until after 12 month of coverage and then $500 Maximum limit per period of coverage and $50000 maximum limit per lifetime", does it cover the requirement about the pre-existing condition? If not can you help me to find another insurance that meets all the requirements?

Another question, I'm currently in Italy and I will arrive in the USA the 15th of January, how does it work with the deployment of the ID card? Is it fast enought to arrive in Italy before my departure? Or it would be better to receive it directly at my arrival in the USA?

Thanks in advance

Thank you for your interest in purchasing insurance through us.

Patriot Exchange and Atlas Exchange plan does not meet your school requirements because of the pre-existing coverage up to policy max.

You can purchase Student Health Advantage standard plan or Study USA Preferred 300.

Student health advantage brochure, instant purchase link,
    Student Health Advantage - International Student Insurance International Medical Group (IMG). Student Health Advantage is provided by SiriusPoint Specialty Insurance Corporation that is rated A- Excellent by AM Best. Reviews, benefits, feedback and experiences for international student health insurance.

Study USA brochure, instant purchase link,

You can compare these plans at,
    Shop with the leader in reliable and affordable international student insurance plans with instant purchase at low cost.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Hello,

thank you very much for the answer. Are them both valid for a research scholar category with J1 visa? because they are both present in the F1-F2 category of your web, and they seems meant for student only.

Thanks

Comment

Yes. It’s applicable to F1/ F2, J1/ J2, OPT and M1 also.

Please look at the eligibility for each plan.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

Hello,

I've read the documentation of the Student health advantage insurance and I've found it very good, probably I will take that one.

What about the deployment of the ID card? Do you think there is enought time for the delivery in Italy, before my departure the 15th of January? Or it would be better to receive it directly at my arrival in the USA?

Thank you for the help

Comment

As soon as you purchased insurance you will receive confirmation by e-mail. Which will have a link to print virtual id card and documents will be mailed to you next business days by regular mail. So you can use virtual id card during your travel. I don’t think so you will get insurance card at your Italy address this soon. So you can provide right now your Italy address and once you come to US and you have address you can send e-mail so we can mail the card to your US address.

Please let me know if you have any further question.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X