Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-exisitng Condition Insurance - J1 visa

Hi,

I am looking to purchase medical insurance for this summer, as I will be working at a summer camp in New Jersey. I have been looking through the Insubuy website and have seen that you do cover for people with pre-existing medical conditions. I'm just trying to understand whether or not I would be covered under the 'Acute onset of pre-existing conditions' as stated in your policy documents. I have a peanut allergy which has never resulted in hospitalisation, and is easily managed with auto adrenaline injectors (which have never been used) and anti-histamines where necessary. I was hoping you could help me determine if, should i have an allergic reaction whilst i am in America this summer, i would be best suited buying your policy which is tailored towards an 'acute onset'?

Many thanks,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing insurance through us.

We can contact the Underwriting dept. on this and will get back to you.

Before we suggest any plan would like to know what will be your visa type? Is there any insurance requirements from your camp, travel dates , your age and which state do you need coverage?

Once we get the information above will be glad to suggest insurance plan that meets your need.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Thank you for your quick response.
      I will be traveling on a J-1 Visa, with coverage needed from June 2nd 2017 to September 8th 2017. I'm 21 and will turn 22 whilst in America. I will be staying in New Jersey, however I will be flying into and out of New York. I have put below the requirements of the insurance that camp America have provided me with, but other than that my camp has not requested any specific inclusions on my insurance;

• A+ rated (or backed by the full faith and credit of your home government)
      • covers you for working at camp including activities you are likely to undertake at camp
      • covers the full period of time you are in the US
      • covers the United States
      • has medical benefits of at least US$100,000 per accident or illness
      • has repatriation of remains in the amount of US$25,000 (in case of death the return of your body back to your home country)
      • has medical evacuation expenses to your home country in the amount of US$25,000
      • the deductible must not exceed US$500 per accident or illness
      • Also, if you have any pre-existing medical condition you should ensure that this is covered by your policy and clearly stated on the information you send to us

Many thanks,

Comment

Hello,

The plans we offer in the J1/J2 section of our website https://www.insubuy.com/j1-visa-heal...ce/-insurance/ will meet the standard requirements. We are waiting for a response from the claims department to verify if your situation would be considered under the Acute Onset benefit.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

Hi,

I am just wondering if anything has come back from the claims department about whether or not I would be covered under the acute onset clause of the insurance policies.

Thanks,

Comment

Sorry for the delay. I spoke to the claims supervisor and it is determined that it would not be eligible due to the allergy being chronic in nature.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.
            Last edited by Antonise; 11-23-2017, 04:58 PM.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X