Visitors Care for J1 visa insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitors Care for J1 visa insurance?

Hi; this summer I'll go to US for a summer internship program and the school, which I'll study for 2 months, requires a personal insurance with the following minimum requirements. I looked at your website and decided to purchase "Visitors Care", because of its fee. but I am not sure that this insurance meets the following requirements, which I took from the school's website. If not can you offer one which meets these requirements. Thank you very much. Minimum insurance requirements The insurance policy you hold must meet or exceed the following requirements:

Basic Accidents and Sickness: J-1 visa holders and any accompanying spouse and dependents on a J visa status are required to have a $50,000 minimum coverage which includes cat*****phic medical insurance. F visa holders must have a $15,000 minimum coverage for themselves only, cat*****phic insurance is not required.

Major Medical Accidental Death and Dismemberment Repatriation (Preparation and Transportation of Remains):
    Preparation and transportation of remains to your city or permanent residence. Repatriation coverage should be no less than $7,500.

Medical Evacuation: Transportation to your city of permanent residence as a result of injury or sickness. The minimum coverage acceptable for medical evacuation is $10,000.

Deductible: The policy can have no more than a $500 deductible.

Visitors Care does NOT meet the requirements of J1 visa.

Please look at Visit USA plan at https://www.insubuy.com/j1-visa-heal...ce/-insurance/ That is the only plan that meets J1 visa requirements.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Now I realized that I was looking for the wrong insurance.

But I want to ask someting about J1 insurance at the website. Is this insurance meets the requirements of the school wants from me? Or these types of insurances are standard?

I am asking this because I couldnt understand exatly what some of the terms mean in the insurance and I couldn’t compare them with the requirements of the school.

Thanks again

Minimum insurance requirements

The insurance policy you hold must meet or exceed the following requirements:

Basic Accidents and Sickness: J-1 visa holders and any accompanying spouse and dependents on a J visa status are required to have a $50,000 minimum coverage which includes cat*****phic medical insurance. F visa holders must have a $15,000 minimum coverage for themselves only, cat*****phic insurance is not required.
      Major Medical
      Accidental Death and Dismemberment
      Repatriation (Preparation and Transportation of Remains): Preparation and transportation of remains to your city or permanent residence. Repatriation coverage should be no less than $7,500.
      Medical Evacuation: Transportation to your city of permanent residence as a result of injury or sickness. The minimum coverage acceptable for medical evacuation is $10,000.
      Deductible: The policy can have no more than a $500 deductible.

Comment

What your school is asking is standard J1 visa requirements, nothing different. And Visit USA meets all the requirements that you have listed above.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

What about J2?

I appriciate some information about J2 dependent.

My wife is a J2 holder. Do all the minimus insurance requirements of J1 apply to J2?

My wife has a nurse job and her emplyer provides her good insurance. However, that will not include the insurance of medical evacuation and repatriation. Could she buy it here as single items?

=================

Opinon about the travel insurance provided here:

A comaprison of the minimus requirements of J-1 visa and the insurance plan provided here:

minimus requirements of J-1 plan A Plan B

Medical benefits per
          accident or illness
          at least $50,000 $50,000 $100,000

Repatriation of remains
          $7,500 $10,000 $20,000

medical evacuation $50,000 $100,000
          $10,000

A plan that just meet the minimus requirement of J-1 insurance will be very welcomed. You can see that in the plans provided here, plan A do not meet the requirement and plan B cost much higher than plan A.

Comment

1. Yes, all minimum requirements of J1 visa insurance requirements apply to J2 as well.

2. Visit USA-HealthCare is a package plan that meets all the requirements of J1/J2 visa. You can't buy individual items from it.

3. Both Plan A and Plan B of Visit USA-HealthCare meet the J visa requirements. You can purchase either of the plans online at https://www.insubuy.com/visit-usa-insurance/

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here or call us at 1-866-INSU-BUY.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

Many thanks for the reply.

I have another question. If I want to buy a separate insurance for my wife who is 33 years old with J-2 visa. (as somebody here, I have my J-1 insurance already.)

I have done the quotation on plan A and found that in this link
              https://www.insubuy.com/visit-usa-insurance/what-is-visitors-insurance/
              it costs me $756 (=$63*12)

Is this a right quotation?

Please let me know, then I will buy it, thansk.

Comment

The quotes displayed on that web page are correct and accurate. You can buy the insurance online.
                Thanks & Regards
                Insubuy

Comment

Another quick question..
                  I am interested in the plan A of the link below
                  Visit USA Insurance - Visit USA-HealthCare - International health insurance for visitors to USA. Visit USA HealthCare is underwritten by Lloyd's of London.

I am a J-1 student, my wife is a J-2 depedent, could she buy the plan A in above link to meet the requirements of the school? Is that the same premium for both visiting scholar's deopedent and visiting student's depedent?

Comment

1. Yes, she can buy Visit USA to meet the requirements of the school.
                    2. Yes, the premium is same whether you are on J1 or J2.
                    Thanks & Regards
                    Insubuy

Comment

We have no homw country address now. we live in US. so please tell me how to fill these columns, thanks.

Home Country Address: <b>(we have no home country address)</b>
                      Street:
                      City: Postal Code:
                      Country
                      Arrival Date in USA: <b>(Is it the last time my wife arrived in U.S.)</b>
                      Passport Number:
                      Country of Citizenship:
                      (If you are U.S. Citizen, you are not qualified for this product. Contact us regarding alternate plans.)
                      Beneficiary (FirstName Surname): <b>(Name or spouse should be filled in? )</b>
                      (You will be the beneficiary for your insured spouse and children.)

2. U.S. Mailing Address <b>(Could we just fill in our current address?)</b>
                      Send Insurance Certificate to this U.S. address, in care of U.S. Resident:
                      c/o Name (FirstName LastName):
                      Address:
                      City: State: Zip Code:
                      Home Phone: ( ) - Business Phone: ( ) -
                      (Must include at least one phone number)

Comment

Put the address in your passport. Or, put your relative's address. Or, put friend's address.
                        Thanks & Regards
                        Insubuy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X