Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Embassy is kept helding indian passport....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embassy is kept helding indian passport....

can some please help me here ... i send my passport to the bls for renew and bls send it to (CGINY) embassy on September 12th 2014 my passport was expired back in 2008 Since I haven't traveled out much and I didn't realize that my passport was past expiry until recently.now the problem is i have called embassy lots of time and every time i ask them about my passport status they been keep telling me that we did not receive clearance from India we are waiting for clearance to arrived once it arrived we will issues ed renewed passport. why the clearance is taking so long ? what if they don't send clearance from India ? it has been 8 months can someone please help me ?

Try visiting the office where you applied. This is totally out of processing time frame.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if your passport expired in 2008, you must be eligible for US Citizenship under the 5 year rule...apply for that instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Jot18 View Post
      Try visiting the office where you applied. This is totally out of processing time frame.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if your passport expired in 2008, you must be eligible for US Citizenship under the 5 year rule...apply for that instead?
      the truth is i was illegal in USA that's why i couldn't renew the passport. but now i got my Permanent resident card in april 2014 under (F29)category.
      whats the point of visiting embassy ? if i visit them and ask them the same question again they are going to tell me that we did not receive the clearance ? if the embassy never received clearance i would never get a passport ?

Comment

Originally posted by asis38 View Post
        the truth is i was illegal in USA that's why i couldn't renew the passport. but now i got my Permanent resident card in april 2014 under (F29)category.
        whats the point of visiting embassy ? if i visit them and ask them the same question again they are going to tell me that we did not receive the clearance ? if the embassy never received clearance i would never get a passport ?
        i just call embassy and talk to them again and this time they told me that I enter us illegally so when clearance comes from India i have to visit them and i have to pay them $125.00 in cash which i don't have a problem paying them but i there no where it describe on bls passport website that i need to pay additional $125.00 in cash.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X