Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Citizen's Indian Tourist Visa Stolen - What To Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Citizen's Indian Tourist Visa Stolen - What To Do?

My US passport was stolen in Mexico. I have reported it stolen and have gotten a new US passport. I am now back in the US. There was an Indian Ten Year Tourist Visa in the stolen US passport. I would like to report that visa as being stolen and get a new ten year visa. What should I do? Who Should I Contact? I've tried the Indian Consulate in San Francisco and the Embassy in Washington D.C. without receiving any help or direction.

Have you contacted Cox & Kings?

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Have you contacted Cox & Kings?
      I believe it is Cox & Kings. I contacted CKGS at 516 206 1483, the visa company that now provides Indian visas for people in the US. The man did try to be helpful and spoke with a superior, then told me that I needed to report the stolen visa to the police. I assume he meant police in the US, in any event I'm pretty sure this would do me no good. My understanding is that I can't get a new Indian visa while my stolen visa is still valid, and since there is 4 years left on that visa, I would like to cancel the stolen visa before trying to apply for a new visa. I'm not too worried about bad guys using that stolen visa to enter India, as that visa is tied to a cancelled US passport that was reported stolen.
      Last edited by Randy Kin; 10-16-2017, 06:17 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X