Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

power of attorney

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • power of attorney


    I recently bought a flat in bangalore. I have some pending tasks like electiricy board name change etc.,. Since I'm in US now, I'm seeking help from my father. For that I need to give power of attorney to him it seems. My dad is in Chennai now. Does any one know what is the proceedure to take/give power of attorney in US?

    Has any one done it before? please advice.

  • #2
    If you are in US and if you are giving power of attorney to someone in the US, the procedure is to contact an attorney who would draft appropriate power of attorney.

    However, if you are in US and your father in India, you will have to prepare the one in India.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

    Visa and Greencard Tracker

    Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.


    • #3
      You can draft a power of attorney as needed by the banks or a GPA and get it signed by the Indian consulate. The requirements can be found on their website. They do attest the POAs for a small fee of 20 bucks and it is valid in India. Some of them even accept the ones drafted and signed by a public notary in US.

      I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.