Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a US Citizen Born Abroad get issued an A-Number

I hope you can help answer

I'm a US citizen... My son was born abroad in the 90's... we went to the US consulate in Vancouver, Canada, presented the required paperwork to claim his US citizenship under Birth Abroad... the application was approved and he got his passport etc.,... now he's an adult making a career in the military and he's being asked for his Alien Registration Number... from the research I've done,

A numbers are given to 'aliens/immigrants', which he was not...

So my question is 'would he have received an A number? If so, would it not be on his passport... I have no documentation showing he ever received an A number...

If he did receive an A-number, is there a fast way he can verify it, as he is in immediate need of it...

If you do not have the answer to this question is there a phone number for someone I can contact?

Thanks for your help...

John

He will not have an A (Alien) number since he was a US citizen by birth

“ A person born abroad in wedlock to two U.S. citizen parents acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under section 301(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), if at least one of the parents had a residence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions prior to the person's birth”

Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X