Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB1/NIW application chances

Hi!

I have a PhD degree from a prestigious US university. I will be working for a Fortune 20 Company soon. I wanted to know what are my chances to successfully apply for a Green Card in EB1/NIW category. These are my achievements/background.

1. I have one journal paper published and one paper under review (Journal of Aerosol Science and Combustion Science and Technology) and no citations.
    2. I have 7 conference papers (3 International conferences)
    3. I have been an authorized reviewer for 2 journals (Combustion Science and Technology, Journal of Aerosol Science). and have reviewed 18 papers.
    4. I have won 2 best paper awards at an international combustion conference and heat transfer conference.
    5. Awarded a Knowles Science Teaching Foundation Teaching Fellowship
    6. Awarded a National Science Foundation Fellowship for 1 year

What are my chances of getting the green card in those categories?
    Last edited by parthvsh; 03-03-2016, 10:59 PM.

I did my bachelor degree and Masters from Pakistan in Electrical Engineering. Then I got a PhD from University of Florida 3 years ago. Over the period til now I have 5 published papers but when I filed my GC in EB1 category I only had 2 and 3 citations. I had 4 conference papers. I was a reviwer of 1 journal and must have reviewed 5 papers until that time. I also had one fellowship and I was writing a chapter in the book when I was filing. I had 7 strong recommendation letters (4 US, 3 outside US) and my lawyer made a case to file for the GC in EB1. I was hesitant and asked to file in NIW but the lawyer put me in both categories. I got an I-140 after 6 months and GC after 3 months. So I feel your case is quite strong and it depends on the lawyers entirely. So go ahead and do it.

Comment

I has 3 conference papers and 3 journal papers with 9 citations. Lawyer tell me to file for GC. But I file it from myself. I think you should file it with this your background.

Comment

Originally posted by aamirj06 View Post
        I did my bachelor degree and Masters from Pakistan in Electrical Engineering. Then I got a PhD from University of Florida 3 years ago. Over the period til now I have 5 published papers but when I filed my GC in EB1 category I only had 2 and 3 citations. I had 4 conference papers. I was a reviwer of 1 journal and must have reviewed 5 papers until that time. I also had one fellowship and I was writing a chapter in the book when I was filing. I had 7 strong recommendation letters (4 US, 3 outside US) and my lawyer made a case to file for the GC in EB1. I was hesitant and asked to file in NIW but the lawyer put me in both categories. I got an I-140 after 6 months and GC after 3 months. So I feel your case is quite strong and it depends on the lawyers entirely. So go ahead and do it.

@aamirj06, is it possible for you to share the lawyer's contact information. I am in the same boat and would like to apply for GC in EB1 category.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X