Proving Extraordinary Ability in Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proving Extraordinary Ability in Business

I'm a tech entrepreneur from the UK doing doing initial research into whether I could prove 'extraordinary ability' in business in the eyes of USCIS. Lots of threads I've read seem to be about the process for researchers/professors and the USCIS info seems to fit cases like this well. I'm less clear on whether I can establish 'business' ability using the evidence I have.

Obviously I'll eventually be consulting with a lawyer but I like to have a starting point before then so any experience from members here who have done similar have would be really useful!

I'm particularly interested in this criteria:

** Evidence of your original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance to the field

"Letters of recommendation from prominent investors or CEO’s/founders of distinguished organizations which describe, in detail, your achievements and how they are of a major significance in the field"

"Evidence that your significant contributions have provoked widespread public commentary in the field of endeavor and have been widely cited"

This might seem like a silly question as I'm reading this very literally but if I'm trying to show EA in 'business' do I have to show that my achievements are of major significance in 'business'? ie - is this an academic point that I must have impacted how business itself is practiced as an area? Or is the point to demonstrate that the businesses you have run have had major significance in the areas they have focused on?

"If your business successes are primarily based online, information about website usage/visitor traffic, the number of online purchases or downloads, or other data showing your success and contributions online"

How does one actually evidence this to USCIS? Obviously I have vast amounts of customer/transaction data and usage analytics but attaching those to an application doesn't seem productive. Is this something which you can get an independent firm to audit and certify? Does anyone have any experience of this process?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X